Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally finding time to check in!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi everyone! I have been totally MIA for a while now and itís very disturbing to me. What can I say; life has gotten in the way of me socializing with my Disney friends!

I have been so busy with work. Many days I work 11-12 hours Monday thru Thursday, only to turn around and work for Ďfreeí on Fridays. Iím not happy about this, especially since Iím not make much money in the first place.

Iím still looking for another job as this one doesnít cut it (little pay and no benefits). However, with the govt being on a hiring freeze my options have been limited. I have to think of my astronomical educational loans, so I really do need a state or federal job.

I interviewed for a place a while back and to be honest, I believe they want me, but they are waiting on funding approval. We keep waiting, and waiting, and waiting.

I have another interview this Wednesday, but the job would only be temporary since itís neither state nor federal. Also I had another federal place call for an interview and Iím waiting to get that set up.

Iím also trying to study for my licensing exam. I donít have a date for the exam yet, but with the $1100 it cost me for materials and the $500 price tag for the actual test I hope I pass the first time.

My van broke down a couple of weeks ago and I had to pay about $1000 to get it fixed. I was so thankful that I had AAA. They really are the single personís lifesaver. Let the good times roll!

Arthur has been struggling with a bacterial bug. The doctors related it to the standing water from the rain. I thought we got it cleared up, but he had diarrhea again today. Over a week ago we were up every hour, as he needed to go outside. My poor baby.

Last Friday I broke a tooth while eating a pretzel! Can you believe that?! A pretzel! I had to call about 20 dentists before I could find one that would see me. Long story short, I had to get 1 root canal, 4 fillings, and 2 sealants taken care of. I will need a crown in about 6 months. Total cost $3410. Another reason I need a better job!

I have also been eating healthy and exercising. I have lost 22.8 pounds so far.

Thatís been my life for a while now! I miss you guys and think of you often, however, it seems that I havenít found the energy to get on.

Post Thanks / Like
    It sure seems like you have a lot going on right now FD, and we have all missed you.
    Thanks for getting in touch and hopefully you will be back more often when things have been sorted out for you and you get more spare time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there, nice to see you. What a busy time you have, no wonder we don't see you often :)
    I hope Arthur recovers soon.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Home Ducky. Sorry to hear you are going through so much right now and hope that they ship can be righted soon. I know what you mean about government jobs, since i have one myself. Hope Arthur is soon on the mend also.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 311213
    I have to think of my astronomical educational loans, so I really do need a state or federal job.
    Welcome back! So glad you could find time to checkin, it does sound like you have a lot going on!

I was curious about the state job because of loans thing. Is there some advantage in the US to a state/federal job if you have educational loans?
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    If you work for the state/Feds for a certain period of time and make your student loan payments (10 years I think) they will forgive the rest. If Dr. Duckie's loans are like mine then 10 years of payments will be a steal.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 311256
    If you work for the state/Feds for a certain period of time and make your student loan payments (10 years I think) they will forgive the rest. If Dr. Duckie's loans are like mine then 10 years of payments will be a steal.
    wow yeah I can see how that would be an amazing deal!
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Yepper, after 10 years my govt loans will disappear, which is a major steal for me. However, I have some personal educational loans that I obtained when I first started college that I also have to deal with.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 311260
    Yepper, after 10 years my govt loans will disappear, which is a major steal for me. However, I have some personal educational loans that I obtained when I first started college that I also have to deal with.
    Ah yes, the monster that it the personal loan. I am paying one of those now. They will not let you defer while you are still in school like the gov't loans

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    So nice to see you, Billie. You surely have been through so much! It's been a long road for you.

Sometimes working in certain areas of the country allow forgiveness for all or part of the subsidized loans. I know Appalachia used to be one such area.

I know you are crazy busy but try not to be too much of a stranger. We miss you here!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.Ē ~Aristotle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast