Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: mini cruises...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 311439
    WOOHOO!!! Can't wait to hear what you think!
    i'm really excited, brand new ship!!! I've booked a hotel the night before which includes a parking package - right next to the port. We got anytime dining and an unobscured balcony i don't know what to wear... do you have to go to the formal evening or can you just eat informally? Are you allowed to go off and wander yourself when you get to port? mmm questions questions.

Post Thanks / Like

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 311441
    Where are you going?
    Guernsey..only 2 nights, would have liked a couple more nights but it's going to be a good taster, i really hope i'm ok. But am not adversed to an injection to sort me out if not lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizneyblonde, post: 311404
    It would be cheaper to do a few crossings on the Torpoint ferry then I'd get to see you!
    Hey, we've done the Torpoint Ferry.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 311393
    I'm in the same boat.... so to speak!

We'd like to try a Disney cruise but DW is very worried she'll feel ill. So we'd like to try a short trip just to see how it goes

so yeah I say go for it! Sounds like an ideal way to start
    Donna had the same fear as your DW Keith as did our travel companion BevW. They both brought lots of meds and except for the short time it took us to actually get out into the shipping lanes the cruise was absloutely calm.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 311444
    Hey, we've done the Torpoint Ferry.
    Well you've seen one of our cultural delights then!!! Did you enjoy Teresa's island?

Post Thanks / Like
    For what it`s worth Julie, I too have been very seasick on a cross channel ferry, however I`ve never had a problem on all of the DCL cruises that we have done, and we`ve been through some pretty bad weather and high waves etc.
    I guess that the stabilizers on the DCL ships sure help to minimise the rocking movement, so if you unfortunately do get ill on the crossing, please don`t let this put you off cruisin`.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 311454
    For what it`s worth Julie, I too have been very seasick on a cross channel ferry, however I`ve never had a problem on all of the DCL cruises that we have done, and we`ve been through some pretty bad weather and high waves etc.
    I guess that the stabilizers on the DCL ships sure help to minimise the rocking movement, so if you unfortunately do get ill on the crossing, please don`t let this put you off cruisin`.
    that's great to hear... i think the smell of the fumes on the cross channel ferry makes it worst. This is a brand new cruise line so fingers crossed they have good stabilisers, up to 3600 passengers so pretty big.

Post Thanks / Like
    just seen this....Princess Cruises announced the Duchess -- Kate Middleton prior to her marriage to Prince William in 2011 -- would name the new 141,000-ton, 3,600-passenger Royal Princess on Thursday June 13, 2013, at the culmination of a week of inaugural celebrations for the ship.

going to try to be there as staying overnight anyway!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12