Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Honey boo boo

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone else watched this?

Post Thanks / Like
    Have seen bits and pieces of it and have ABSOLUTELY NO desire to watch it.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    it's awful isn't it?!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    It's hard to miss - if you flip past TLC for more than 5 seconds, you'll be inundated by it. It's stereotyping at its worse, IMO. Jon watches it the way some people watch NASCAR (not for the race, but rather for the inevitable crashes), but I just get bored and occasionally downright disturbed (having grown up around FAR too many families that could have a starring role on the show). I don't believe most of it. But I will say this - "Mama June" seems to be quite business savvy. She's set up trust funds for the girls, and seems to be quite enjoying her "fifteen minutes". Also, from some of the human interest stories I've read, she also seems to have a good heart, misdirected at times as it may be...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 311471
    It's hard to miss - if you flip past TLC for more than 5 seconds, you'll be inundated by it. It's stereotyping at its worse, IMO. Jon watches it the way some people watch NASCAR (not for the race, but rather for the inevitable crashes), but I just get bored and occasionally downright disturbed (having grown up around FAR too many families that could have a starring role on the show). I don't believe most of it. But I will say this - "Mama June" seems to be quite business savvy. She's set up trust funds for the girls, and seems to be quite enjoying her "fifteen minutes". Also, from some of the human interest stories I've read, she also seems to have a good heart, misdirected at times as it may be...
    I've only just seen it over here, I think it's new. We have a new series on in the UK started lat week called 'skint' car crash telly too although this is mainly about buying stolen goods, continually having more kids and addiction. I do find myself drawn to these things because of I guess the social issues, and I agree that an element is exaggerated for the TV. They're never going to make it the boring everyday stuff now are they?

Funniest thing I saw on honey boo boo was them debating over whether they were red necks or not.....mmmmm.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Britchick, post: 311473
    I've only just seen it over here, I think it's new. We have a new series on in the UK started lat week called 'skint' car crash telly too although this is mainly about buying stolen goods, continually having more kids and addiction. I do find myself drawn to these things because of I guess the social issues, and I agree that an element is exaggerated for the TV. They're never going to make it the boring everyday stuff now are they?

Funniest thing I saw on honey boo boo was them debating over whether they were red necks or not.....mmmmm.
    Spot on the money, Brit - TV has very much become the embodiment of the old print adage, "If it bleeds, it leads." Sad, really. But I do think anyone who has a even the slightest interest in human nature/psychology can be easily drawn to these shows. Baleigh was mesmerized by one called, "My Strange Obsession" until I put my foot down.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would just like to say,'Thank you America'.

Mags

Post Thanks / Like
    Argh I'd heard the name on Late night shows but hadn't seen it until this trip. It's just the worst of the worst kind of tv :( as Becca says, it's hard to criticise the family for capitalising on the stupidity of the tv watching public to get some trust funds going etc.

The problem is that there are so many of these crazy shows with people becoming famous for being famous :/ with no basis or actual talent.

Reality shows must be gold for the tv companies. Much less cost to make, zero imagination needed to keep them going

I don't blame the people involved. Sadly it's a way to get rich quick :( but it's horrible that we live at a time when that's the case
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mama June is laughing all the way to the bank.

I've watched it when I've flipped past and it caught my eye. I know families like this. I will say in their defense, they spend time together and do seem to love one another. That's a lot better than many of the shows out there.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    after all the hype I tried to watch the first episode... I did a TERRIBLE job at understanding their accent, so gave up.. Didnt like what I saw though!

Now..... Dance Moms..... that's the type of trainwreck I like to watch!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast