Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone hired a car from MCO recently?

Post Thanks / Like
    Up to now I`ve always used Dollar for our car rentals and have been pleased with the cars on offer, however it appears that they now have a limited choice of their full size cars and a Nissan Altima is their mainstay. Now I`ve got nothing against Nissan, however I do prefer an American car when driving in the US....the Dodge Charger is my preferred choice.

Has anyone had any recent experience with any of the other rental companies located at MCO?

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I have, as you already know

It's been the Nissan for us in December 12 and this month :( both times they were the only cars available and they weren't particularly new either, quite a few miles on the clock.

Although neither car gave us any trouble, I, like you, would prefer something American.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Certain car companies only have certain makes of cars. I just rented through Hertz and got a Toyota Corolla. Lol which is exactly the car I own.

I have noticed that you can get the Charger, Mustang, etc for an up charge. And they go quickly

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Dollar cars are pretty rubbish in every range, I think they are mostly all high mileage and not in very good condition. It seems that they are using a cheaper brand of car as well and even though they might have the odd charger, they are the first cars to go.

Dollar are also partnered with Thrifty so you will probably end up with the same choice as them.

I looked into Alamo this time as I had a brilliant deal through Virgin for Alamo but I was worried in case they were worse than Dollar Alamo are also partnered with National. Since I booked with Dollar, I have read good things about Alamo and their cars are supposed to be newer as well, so I wish I'd tried Alamo.

I have read good things about Sixt, but they are off site and I couldn't be bothered with the shuttle there and back, they do seem to rent a different selection of cars, like BMWs, Mercedes, Volvos things like that.

Avis have nice cars but them and Hertz are normally a lot more expensive.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 311588
    I have read good things about Sixt, but they are off site and I couldn't be bothered with the shuttle there and back, they do seem to rent a different selection of cars, like BMWs, Mercedes, Volvos things like that.
    Ive been very tempted. The price of the BMW/Merc from Sixt is always the same or a bit lower than the dollar charge for a crumby make :(

It's that extra shuttle that bothers me :/ not really what I want after a 9 hour flight
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 311589
    Ive been very tempted. The price of the BMW/Merc from Sixt is always the same or a bit lower than the dollar charge for a crumby make :(

It's that extra shuttle that bothers me :/ not really what I want after a 9 hour flight
    Perhaps get a cab? The shuttle thing irks me too, so stressful!

Post Thanks / Like
    When we used to fly into MCO to go to Disney, we always used the off site rental car site. The shuttles are very quick and reliable and let all the other people get clear of the airport before we took to the road. :D

Seriously, if you have a rental company you prefer, don't let its being off site be a problem for you.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    If I am renting the car for personal use I always use National. I am a member of their Emerald Club and I normally book an intermediate which means I can walk out of the terminal into the rental garage and select any full size car on the lot.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 311615
    .... I normally book an intermediate which means I can walk out of the terminal into the rental garage and select any full size car on the lot.
    That`s exactly what happens with me whenever I have rented a car from Dollar.
    I can select whichever full size car that I fancy, however the problem is that if there is only one make of car available then the only decision I have to make is what colour to go for.
    It would be great if Dollar had several makes of car to choose from.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 311588
    I looked into Alamo this time as I had a brilliant deal through Virgin for Alamo but I was worried in case they were worse than Dollar Alamo are also partnered with National. Since I booked with Dollar, I have read good things about Alamo and their cars are supposed to be newer as well, so I wish I'd tried Alamo.
    Oddly enough I was doing some research yesterday and found that Alamo would charge 503.34 for a 4 door full size car, whereas Dollar`s price would be 500.76 for the period that I need.
    On that basis there doesn`t seem to be much difference in cost.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast