Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone hired a car from MCO recently?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 311750
    I don't know what insurance you normally have Terry, but that is for the fully inclusive and it doesn't include the fuel, you will have to pay for that at the desk. I wasn't sure if you normally have the Dollar platinum package
    yeah it's the same as GOLD on dollar but without the tank of fuel (it's always cheaper to just put $60 or whatever in though than let them charge for a tank)

Extra drivers free which is good!
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Every time I read a post about one of our dear Brit friends renting a car I go into sticker shock. Here in the US either our personal auto insurance or our credit cards usually cover rental car insurance. Also the first tank of gas is an option. You can choose to prepay or you can just return it full. Depending on how long you plan to keep the car the prepay option may be best. But if, for example you are in and out on a quick business trip then it is normally cheaper to buy the gas yourself before returning the car. Also it is also generally a LOT cheaper to prepay the tank vice returning it to the airport and letting them fill it up for you. The last time I did something like this gas was still under $3.00/gallon. They offered me the prepay at about $2.54 which was still cheaper than if I stopped at a gas station and filled it myself. If I let them fill it when I got back however, they wanted over $4.00/gallon.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    yes agreed John it's quite crazy

Some of the US rental companies who allow you a choice on fuel, DEMAND that international renters pay up front for the fuel. So there's no way to avoid it, it's often 70UKP or something (105USD) so it's almost always cheaper to fill it up before hitting the airport (even at one of the expensive near airport garages if needs must).

If we go to Dollar, we would normally pay another 60UKP or something and that would upgrade us to additional drivers + a tank of fuel so we dont need to fill it up but it's still crazy REALLY.

The alamo-brit has free additional drivers but it has to be returned full (to avoid the REALLY expensive fill that they would do) so it makes sense to just stop on the way to the airport and fill it up. I dont find that too bad, I often prepay for a tank and end up returning it with 1/4 left which REALLY bugs me

Post Thanks / Like
    Last year was the first year I have been old enough to drive over in the States without paying a lot of money.

There wasn't a great deal price difference between the companies and we opted with Alamo.

I went with a convertable as it's the only time i'll ever get to drive one

We had two cars to choose from and both were banged and scratched to ribbons, so I made the customer service staff sign my form to say that I hadn't caused the damage, which was lucky because on return they were trying to make me pay for the damage.

I had the option to return the car with little or no fuel.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 311764
    yes agreed John it's quite crazy

Some of the US rental companies who allow you a choice on fuel, DEMAND that international renters pay up front for the fuel. So there's no way to avoid it, it's often 70UKP or something (105USD) so it's almost always cheaper to fill it up before hitting the airport (even at one of the expensive near airport garages if needs must).

If we go to Dollar, we would normally pay another 60UKP or something and that would upgrade us to additional drivers + a tank of fuel so we dont need to fill it up but it's still crazy REALLY.

The alamo-brit has free additional drivers but it has to be returned full (to avoid the REALLY expensive fill that they would do) so it makes sense to just stop on the way to the airport and fill it up. I dont find that too bad, I often prepay for a tank and end up returning it with 1/4 left which REALLY bugs me
    GOOD GRIEF. That is highway robbery. I'd be reporting that to the BBB.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    I live in Orlando there are two gas stations les than a mile from the airport and charge close to $1.50 more a gallon than stations about another 1/4 to 1/2 mile down the road please be aware of that they are building a wawa almost directly across from those two rip off stations and they have publicly stated they will be charging the same as all other wawa in Orlando

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by canesandphins1, post: 311800
    I live in Orlando there are two gas stations les than a mile from the airport and charge close to $1.50 more a gallon than stations about another 1/4 to 1/2 mile down the road please be aware of that they are building a wawa almost directly across from those two rip off stations and they have publicly stated they will be charging the same as all other wawa in Orlando
    Thanks that's useful to know! we went back to orlando airport last week and I noticed that even 5 mins down the road although it was a LITTLE more pricey it wasn't $1.50 more...... but important to know where the expensive ones are to avoid them

I guess as long as the petrol dial is pretty much on full they shouldnt moan

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 311762
    If I let them fill it when I got back however, they wanted over $4.00/gallon.
    I wish that us Brits only paid $4 a gallon instead of the stupid crazy price that we have to pay over here.

Post Thanks / Like
    You can fill up your rental car right there at Disney (at the Hess station which is generally cheaper than offsite), drive to MCO and it will still be full. I've done this a billion times :-)

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    ooo thats EXCELLENT to know! Thanks Johnie!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast