Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Celebrate with me!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 313913
    Wait until Tink sees this, be afraid, be very afraid
    I knew the job was dangerous when I took it Wendy!

But at least I've still got my comfy sofa...

Tom (... I'll be good. I promise Sorta. )

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you everyone! Things are still progressing, but no firm offer yet. I just finished getting my fingerprints done last Friday. However, I have found housing and temporary housing until my 'real' housing is ready. I'm super excited and have been spending my weekends packing. Are the people in upstate NY still called New Yorkers?! Or does that name apply only to NYC people?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 313919
    Thank you everyone! Things are still progressing, but no firm offer yet. I just finished getting my fingerprints done last Friday. However, I have found housing and temporary housing until my 'real' housing is ready. I'm super excited and have been spending my weekends packing. Are the people in upstate NY still called New Yorkers?! Or does that name apply only to NYC people?
    We are still called New Yorkers simply because 90% of the population thinks that the City is all there is of New York I can't tell you how many times I have been asked if I can see the Statue of Liberty from my house umm..she is 4 hours away!

Post Thanks / Like
    New York! That is too great for you, Billie! (Where roughly? Central NY, Southern Tier NY, Western NY, Northern NY)? I know you aren't in the five boroughs, given your question.

Yep, most people think NY, means the city.

When do you think you'll be heading that way? At least getting there and getting settled in during the summer is better than having to do it mid winter!

The fall is glorious, you are so going to love it!

What sort of government work are you going to be doing?

Oh and as for you, Mr. Catrancher, hmph!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I will be moving to the north east part of the state. It looks beautiful online and yes, moving in the summer is ideal. I can't imagine moving in the winter. I don't have the vehicle yet to make it easier.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 313983
    I will be moving to the north east part of the state.
    Plattsburgh?

Tom (... nosy)

Post Thanks / Like
    Billie!! What *have* you been up to since I was last here! :wink:

Post Thanks / Like
    Dannemora? I had a cousin who worked there and lived at Chazy Lake.

If so, you will absolutely need to live on top of Dannemora, (as in walking distance) or get a HIGH four wheel drive. The snow there is legendary and makes Alaska look like Florida.

You'll love it!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    This is totally like Where's Waldo.

Actually Plattsburgh will be very close to me. Of course up there 'close' is a relative term.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, relative to how much snow stands between you and your destination! It's beautiful country, but seriously cold and snowy! Being so close to the St. Lawrence River is wonderful. We vacationed there often.

Plan to visit Montreal and Quebec City. Both beautiful places! I love Canada!

Look out for the "monster" in Lake Champlain!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast