Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rumor - Is the Beauty and the Beast Show at Disney's Hollywood Sudios to Close

Post Thanks / Like
    There is a rumble over the internet that Disney are going to close the Beauty and the Beast show at Disney's Hollywood Studios.

The reason for this, is speculation that the show is out of place now that Beauty and the Beast have a strong presence in the New Fantasyland at the Magic Kingdom. It is also rumored that the theater building may have some issues that need addressing. So rather than repairing, Disney could decide to use the site as the location for a new dark ride attraction of some kind. There is a lot of spare land behind the theater which would mean that Disney could use this area to expand Hollywood Studios.

What are your feelings about Beauty and the Beast closing, will you be sad to see it go or do you think it would be good to see something new at the park?

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think this one has been rumbling about for quite a while. I read that it was going to be replaced with a Rapunzel themed show.

If it does indeed end I would be really sad to see it go, its one of my favourites.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've seen it before as well, it seems to be gaining pace though and Hollywood Studios seem to be making a lot of changes lately and there is also supposed to be an announcement of expansion at the D23 Expo in August.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Our little family has a LOT of memories tied up in this show, and I'd be sad to see it come to a close. I believe it to be beautifully done, and never tire of seeing it when we visit. Having said that, I can see where Disney might think it's finished its run and, as lovely as it is, I think we could do with some new life in DHS.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was really hoping that Katie would get to see this in November I would be sad to see it go, I would be happy for a little "new life" as Becca put it, but I also hope it holds off for a little while

Post Thanks / Like
    One of the best shows on Disney Property, without doubt.

However, I do get the feeling that the Studios is trying to move towards a more 'adult' audience and as such I do feel a dark ride to go along with Rock 'n' Rollercoaster and Tower of Terror fits that thought.

However, you could argue that Toy Story mania isn't very adult so I am not sure!

I was gutted when they removed the Tarzan show from Animal Kingdom and no doubt I will be gutted if this show goes but I do think it is getting to the age now where it needs something fresh.

If it's just to replace it with another show then I think they should leave it well alone.

Post Thanks / Like
    First the Hunchback and now B&B

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 311652
    First the Hunchback and now B&B
    Nobody tell Jon, he'll be devastated as one of his best memories is of Caitlin singing 'old as rhyme is rhyme!' I blub every time I see it!

Post Thanks / Like
    I hadn't seen the rumours but I would be very sad to see this show go. I think that it is one of the best in WDW. My 23 yr old DD who dislikes princesses with a passion loves this show and even my hard nosed 20 yr old reckons it is pretty good. Off for a sob....

Mags

Post Thanks / Like
    I adore this show and all things Beauty and the Beast. The Beast is the first character that Alysia verbally professed love for. I can understand why they want to close it. I would hope they would open a show in Fantasyland.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast