Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello, from me!

Post Thanks / Like
    Good afternoon/morning,

My name is Chris and I am from the UK and came across this wonderful site by accident really. I am registered on a few Disney websites and for various reasons I have never really got too involved in them. However, this site seems a nice size and the posts seem very helpful so I thought i'd give this forum a go.

A little about me then, well my dogs name is Oreo (hence the username) and she is a black labrador cross with a white chest. I wanted to call her something Disney related but never mind.

Last year me and my girlfriend took (our first) trip to Florida together. We have both been before all be it when we were younger and before we met.

I first went in 1992 when I was 5 years old, and I fell in love with the place. It holds a special place for me as it's the first holiday I remember having.

We didn't go back to WDW as a family until 2001. My mom had promised us we would go back and it took her a few years to save but we managed it. :)

In Oct 2005 I went again but this time it was with my ex girlfriend and her family. They had a Disney timeshare so I only had to find the price of the flights. Less than a year later I went back again this time to witness my mom's wedding to my step dad.

I have been real lucky to be able to go so many times. I really do love the place and it hold special memories for me. I would go back every year if I could but money doesn't allow that sadly.

Dispite my girlfriend saying that the next time we go back will be when we have children, she has this week suggested we start looking for us to go in 2015. Hence why I have registered here.

I know it seems a long way away, but we booked our 2012 trip two years in advance and that flew by and I am hoping this time it will too.

Anyway that's a bit about me, please feel free to ask any questions if you like.

When I get chance I will talk more about where we stayed and what we have done.

Thanks and I look forward to speaking to some of you soon

:)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Oreo, post: 311634
    Good afternoon/morning,

My name is Chris and I am from the UK and came across this wonderful site by accident really. I am registered on a few Disney websites and for various reasons I have never really got too involved in them. However, this site seems a nice size and the posts seem very helpful so I thought i'd give this forum a go.

A little about me then, well my dogs name is Oreo (hence the username) and she is a black labrador cross with a white chest. I wanted to call her something Disney related but never mind.

Last year me and my girlfriend took (our first) trip to Florida together. We have both been before all be it when we were younger and before we met.

I first went in 1992 when I was 5 years old, and I fell in love with the place. It holds a special place for me as it's the first holiday I remember having.

We didn't go back to WDW as a family until 2001. My mom had promised us we would go back and it took her a few years to save but we managed it. :)

In Oct 2005 I went again but this time it was with my ex girlfriend and her family. They had a Disney timeshare so I only had to find the price of the flights. Less than a year later I went back again this time to witness my mom's wedding to my step dad.

I have been real lucky to be able to go so many times. I really do love the place and it hold special memories for me. I would go back every year if I could but money doesn't allow that sadly.

Dispite my girlfriend saying that the next time we go back will be when we have children, she has this week suggested we start looking for us to go in 2015. Hence why I have registered here.

I know it seems a long way away, but we booked our 2012 trip two years in advance and that flew by and I am hoping this time it will too.

Anyway that's a bit about me, please feel free to ask any questions if you like.

When I get chance I will talk more about where we stayed and what we have done.

Thanks and I look forward to speaking to some of you soon

:)
    Welcome, Oreo!! Can you believe it, my childhood dog was also need Oreo! Oh I loved her dearly!! We're so glad you joined us here, we do have a lot of good fun, and I'm certain you'll enjoy your time here! I'm so excited that you may have a trip coming up in 2015!! And yes, you're right, I think the time will fly by! Especially with you here planning with us! There will be so many new and fun things for you to experience when you go back next!!!

and just make yourself right at home! We'd love to learn more about you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 311635
    Welcome, Oreo!! Can you believe it, my childhood dog was also need Oreo! Oh I loved her dearly!! We're so glad you joined us here, we do have a lot of good fun, and I'm certain you'll enjoy your time here! I'm so excited that you may have a trip coming up in 2015!! And yes, you're right, I think the time will fly by! Especially with you here planning with us! There will be so many new and fun things for you to experience when you go back next!!!

and just make yourself right at home! We'd love to learn more about you!
    Thank you for the kind welcome!

Oreo's were my favourite when I was a child and all of a sudden they stopped doing them.

About two years ago they re-introduced them into supermarkets here and I was happy again!

We rescued Oreo and we named her after she watched the TV and an Oreo advert was playing. Seemed to fit perfectly given her colours too.

I have never met a person who had a dog called Oreo! It's nice to know I am not alone hehe!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Chris and welcome to Secrets I'm so glad you decided to join us. We pride ourselves with being a friendly and helpful site, who cares and help each other with anything we can and we love to talk about anything and everything

It's never too soon to plan a Disney holiday, that's half the fun, planning what you wat to do and researching what time of the year is best, things like that.

I look forward to seeing you round the site and getting to know you :)

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Oreo, post: 311638
    Thank you for the kind welcome!

Oreo's were my favourite when I was a child and all of a sudden they stopped doing them.

About two years ago they re-introduced them into supermarkets here and I was happy again!

We rescued Oreo and we named her after she watched the TV and an Oreo advert was playing. Seemed to fit perfectly given her colours too.

I have never met a person who had a dog called Oreo! It's nice to know I am not alone hehe!
    Awww, I love the story about "your" Oreo! My Oreo's mom (my grandma's dog) was named "Cookie" (she was light brown with dark brown spots and looked like a chocolate chip cookie!) so when she had a litter of pups, all the grandkids were allowed to choose one and we all decided on "cookie" names (Oreo, Nutter Butter, Sandy and Sugar). It was so much fun!

So then, do you have any preliminary plans for your next trip? Resort choice? Off Property? On?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 311651
    Awww, I love the story about "your" Oreo! My Oreo's mom (my grandma's dog) was named "Cookie" (she was light brown with dark brown spots and looked like a chocolate chip cookie!) so when she had a litter of pups, all the grandkids were allowed to choose one and we all decided on "cookie" names (Oreo, Nutter Butter, Sandy and Sugar). It was so much fun!

So then, do you have any preliminary plans for your next trip? Resort choice? Off Property? On?
    Lovely story about the names :)

Well it's very early and it does depend on money (as always) but I think it'll be on property.

Jess (my girlfriend) and I have done both. I have stopped twice at Wilderness Lodge and last year we stopped at Coronado Springs.

I loved Wilderness Lodge but it's probably too much in terms of cost. So it'll most likely be a moderate resort that we look at. We may even split the trip up and do seperate weeks in different hotels.

I was a little dissapointed in Coronado Springs as dispite us requesting a near reception room (two years prior) we were the oposite side and it is a very large resort. It was a little too big if I am honest.

Other than that It was a pretty resort (especially at night) but I think we will want to try something different.

Saying all that Jess fancies the Contemporary, so at the minute I think we could end up anywhere! lol

Last year we had the dinning plan included and we fancy that again, so that may have some bearing where we end up staying.

I quite fancy the boardwalk if I am honest.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Oreo and a warm

I`m glad that you decided to join us, and as has already been said, we try to be one of the friendliest of all the Disney communities so you`ve found the right place!

See you around the site.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 311658
    Hi Oreo and a warm

I`m glad that you decided to join us, and as has already been said, we try to be one of the friendliest of all the Disney communities so you`ve found the right place!

See you around the site.
    Thank you

I notice you're from Staffordshire. Not too far from us. :)

I am originally from West Bromwich which used to be classed as Staffordshire. :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Oreo, post: 311659

I notice you're from Staffordshire. Not too far from us. :)

I am originally from West Bromwich which used to be classed as Staffordshire. :)
    Yep, born and bred in Stoke-on-Trent [but I`m not a SCFC supporter! ], but living in Stone [near to Stafford] nowadays.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Oreo, post: 311657
    Lovely story about the names :)

Well it's very early and it does depend on money (as always) but I think it'll be on property.

Jess (my girlfriend) and I have done both. I have stopped twice at Wilderness Lodge and last year we stopped at Coronado Springs.

I loved Wilderness Lodge but it's probably too much in terms of cost. So it'll most likely be a moderate resort that we look at. We may even split the trip up and do seperate weeks in different hotels.

I was a little dissapointed in Coronado Springs as dispite us requesting a near reception room (two years prior) we were the oposite side and it is a very large resort. It was a little too big if I am honest.

Other than that It was a pretty resort (especially at night) but I think we will want to try something different.

Saying all that Jess fancies the Contemporary, so at the minute I think we could end up anywhere! lol

Last year we had the dinning plan included and we fancy that again, so that may have some bearing where we end up staying.

I quite fancy the boardwalk if I am honest.
    If you fancy a moderate resort, you might take a look at Port Orleans - we've stayed at both Riverside and French Quarter and find it LOVELY (FQ can be especially romantic!). The Contemporary is so CONVENIENT, I can understand why your GF would want to stay there!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast