Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Annual Pass Holders being asked for their ID for Free Parking

Post Thanks / Like
    I've heard of instances where people are lending friends APs so that they can park for free at theme parks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 311784
    I've heard of instances where people are lending friends APs so that they can park for free at theme parks.
    Some people will try just about anything :( maybe it's a sign of things to come and they will start to tighten up on the photopass cheats as well.

I think it's time that Disney went back to having your photo on your ticket.

Does anyone remember that, when you had to stand at the booth and then your photo was printed on your ticket

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 311789
    Some people will try just about anything :( maybe it's a sign of things to come and they will start to tighten up on the photopass cheats as well.

I think it's time that Disney went back to having your photo on your ticket.

Does anyone remember that, when you had to stand at the booth and then your photo was printed on your ticket
    I have to admit that I do not remember having to have my photo on my ticket.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 311798
    I have to admit that I do not remember having to have my photo on my ticket.
    We had to take a voucher and swap it for a ticket from the booth, you had to stand back and look at the camera, similar to what you do now at immigration, and a poor black and white photo was printed on the card. I'll see if I can find them.

You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 311778
    historically in the UK there has been no legal requirement for us to have any form of ID on us as we walk around at all. Police can demand production of a drivers license but that license didnt have a photo and could be produced later at a station rather than by the side of the road.

Some years ago the drivers license was updated to have 2 parts. A paper bit (just like it's always been) which is the full legal license, and a credit card sized photo license which is useful to carry around but isn't considered "the full license" without the paper bit :/ ironically, if you show the card in the UK almost every official body will say "wheres the paper?" whereas in the states they'll say "thanks" so the photo driving license has always felt more useful in the states than the UK!! the photo license also needs renewing every 10 yrs, the paper license was valid until the age of 70 or something (cant remember exactly)

For these reasons, people who have the OLD paper license hardly ever want to update them for the photo version!

In previous years, given 9/11 and the general stepping up of wanting to identify everyone at all times, millions have been spent on UK ID card schemes with laws being proposed that would make it mandatory for everyone to carry valid id at all times. This legislation has repeatedly failed and the ID card schemes scrapped.

To HAVE to carry ID, and especially photo ID, is VERY VERY VERY un-UKlike :D in fact one of the things UKers generally find amazing and actually offensive, is being ID'd in the states. It's one of those cultural things :-)
    Wow. Really, really interesting read. Thanks for sharing, Keith!

Post Thanks / Like
    I still have one of those old photo tickets somewhere. :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 311833
    I still have one of those old photo tickets somewhere. :D
    Oh good, I'm not going mad then

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123