Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi everyone

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi

Welcome!

Im new here too but everyone has been so nice here, so I thought I'd stick around

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi trish and welcome!!!! Very jealous of your job - I would love to be a travel agent but feel its a little too late to get into.
    Enjoy planning your trip and hope the girls like their surprise

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and welcome!

A surprise trip sounds like SO MUCH FUN! I can't wait to hear how everything plays out!

And I'm jealous you got to get married at the Wedding Pavilion! We honeymooned at Disney and had an unbelievable time, and we've toyed with the idea of maybe renewing our vows at the pavilion in the future, but I know it would probably be super expensive.

There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island. -- Walter Elias Disney

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Faythstar, post: 312166
    Hi and welcome!

A surprise trip sounds like SO MUCH FUN! I can't wait to hear how everything plays out!

And I'm jealous you got to get married at the Wedding Pavilion! We honeymooned at Disney and had an unbelievable time, and we've toyed with the idea of maybe renewing our vows at the pavilion in the future, but I know it would probably be super expensive.
    We talked for a long time about what to do and at one point even had a church booked in England but then with family dramas we decided the day was about us not everybody else so there were just us and 16 guests. It was going to be Cyprus grove right up until a week before booking and we just said Sod it this is our wedding and our dream location was the wedding pavilion. It was an amazing day infancy it was perfect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Suebeattie, post: 312145
    Very jealous of your job - I would love to be a travel agent but feel its a little too late to get into.

It's never too late!

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    HI AND WELXCOME TO SECRETS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Post Thanks / Like
    Thought I would give a little mini update,
    I have now had my 2nd consultation meeting, they have gone back on their original proposal of our termination date (because some of the members of the team were unhappy that they were not able to work August) which is really annoying because it now means that I am losing around 1300 from my redundancy package.
    They have said that we are able to leave at any point after 25th of this month (I will not receive notice payments anymore though) until 20th August.
    I have (hopefully) got another job lined up but the manager is actually in Mexico at the minute so when he gets back I am going to have a meeting with him and discuss the position and make sure we can agree on working hours, salary etc and then work out a starting date between us.
    Although I am now getting a lot less in my package we have just worked out finances for the trip so it all looks good to go, the last stumbling block is the kids school who have really clamped down on term time holidays so I am going to write an email over to the head in a minute and ask if I can put in extra evidence as to why this would qualify for "exceptional circumstance" which is what they are now saying it needs to be to get authorisation.

So provisional date is still set at 6th September, I have started setting out some ground work for plans for those dates just incase, luckily we were not going to have many in park/resort table service meals anyway simply because this trip is a whole year earlier than we had planned so we do not have the same finances in place so at least I don't need to stress about getting ADRs this late

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm so sorry they are messing you around

Hopefully, when you can find out about your new postition you will be able to make firm arrangements.

Will you stay in the job you are now right until the end or leave sooner rather than later?

that the school agree to time off for the children, I've got friends that paid the fine as it still worked out cheaper than going in the school holidays.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    There's a FINE??? WOW.

Hope things work out in your favor in the long run, hun. Hang in there! x

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 312928
    There's a FINE??? WOW.

Hope things work out in your favor in the long run, hun. Hang in there! x
    Some schools fine parents for taking their children out of school during term time.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast