So I thought I should give a little explanation as to why I am probably going to sound like a crazy woman over the coming months planning for a trip that is still not confirmed but travelling in just over 3 months
Ok a little back story, is everybody sitting comfortably.....
I work for a tour operator in the UK called Thomson (also First Choice) and I have been extremely lucky that over the past 8 years that I have worked for them I have gone from working in one of their busiest stores (which due to companies merging and the high rent on our building was closed) then their main sales office (which was later closed when they moved the two merged companies into one office) to my current position as a 'homeworker'
Now I have been a homeworker for 4 1/2 years and it has been amazing, I have been in a position that I could work full time but still do the school run everyday and see my amazing daughters but have the backing from a big company (the largest operator in europe)
2 weeks ago I went on our normal friday morning conference call to be hit with the news that they are closing our department and are no longer going to be having homeworkers. To say I was shocked is an understatement, I was devastated because although I had lost a little bit of love of my job and especially working alone from home I loved being able to have the freedom with the children.
So I found myself in the position where i had to make a choice, luckily I have built up a good reputation over the past 8 years and I had lots of contacts who had jobs both within the company and outside of it, I (after lots of discussions with DH) decided that I was going to take the redundancy offer and find another job instead of simply transferring through the business.
This has meant that I am going to loose my 'concession' which is in effect £1500 discount off holidays within our company which I was planning on using next year to travel back to WDW with our family and my parents.
Now for the really complicated bit, I am able to use this years concession as long as I book the holiday before I leave and as long as it travels within 6 months, now after a few job offers I have had I think I have found something that I can walk into when I finish my current job which means my redundancy payment isnt really needed for everyday things so........ guess what I am going to use it for
Now the problem I am having is the company have been changing their mind quite a bit as to when we are going to be released from our contracts so this has had a HUGE say in if we can go, really I have 2 possible dates and if they dont work out then the whole trip is lost, we are either going to go 6th september or 23rd September. I really want the first date but it is very reliant on when I leave as I will not receive my redundancy payment until the following month.
I have my first consultation meeting on wednesday this week and I am hoping to have a few more answers then but until week commencing 24th June (when we will be officially issued with our notice)I really have no clue what my immediate future looks like.
Now for the fun stuff, we were planning on next years trip to be a surprise anyway so it has simply made the surprise come round that much faster (which is good because I dont think I could have held this in for that long!) we have lots of little plannning stuff going on at the moment hoping that things work out but until I am actually booked on I cant do too much