Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The next big development

Post Thanks / Like
    So Avatar is possibly the next on Disney's list to be included in a park at Walt Disney world.

Cars land is also rumoured?

When can we expect the next big expansion in Walt Disney world?

To be honest I am not excited about the new fantasyland and it will probably bother me more once (if) I have kids.

I am hoping that Disney make the most of the marvel stuff they've purchased.

What do people think will be next in Disney's plans?

Post Thanks / Like
    And I hope they don't sorry but I hope they keep it more traditional, although I do like the avatar idea

Post Thanks / Like
    There is supposed to be a big announcement in August and hopefully it will be Cars Land or Star Wars for Disney's Hollywood Studios.

I can't see Disney doing anything with Marvel for the time being, I think they will wait until the agreement with Universal is over.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am still confused with avatar land, I don't understand where it fits in (although it is AK so it is less traditional Disney) I guess it is good that they are developing new ideas to keep everybody happy and to attract the teen family's from US

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 312136
    There is supposed to be a big announcement in August and hopefully it will be Cars Land or Star Wars for Disney's Hollywood Studios.

I can't see Disney doing anything with Marvel for the time being, I think they will wait until the agreement with Universal is over.
    I assume any expansion at Disney studios would be a replacement to lights, motor, action?

I can't see Disney doing anything with marvel in orlando for a while either. I understand the rumours are that universal are in talks with Disney to extend the time period in which they can use the marvel rights at their parks.

There is also talk of a third park over in California, however that's been doing the rounds for a while now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Id like to see cars motor action go... It is good but once you've seen it a few times... Cars land would be awesome and Star Wars too. That seems to fit because its always been in DHS

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm not sure I like the idea about avatar but cars land on the other hand I love the idea. Zac has just got into cars and laughs whenever mator comes on the screen.
    We're hoping he still likes it when we got orlando in october. One stop we are definitely making is at the cars section of the art of animation hotel

Post Thanks / Like
    Honestly, personally, I HATE the idea of an Avatar Land at Disney. That just seems like something that should be left to Universal. To me, it doesn't fit in with the whole Disney feel. I'd be much happier with a Cars Land (although I don't much care for that either--Cars is my least favorite of the Pixar franchises) or even a Star Wars land. But more than anything I wish we could get the Beastly Kingdom area of Animal Kingdom that was originally planned for that park!

There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island. -- Walter Elias Disney

Post Thanks / Like
    I think they should abandon Avatar and do something with Star Wars.... even though I'm not a fan of either
    Would love to see Cars Land though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Oreo, post: 312139
    I assume any expansion at Disney studios would be a replacement to lights, motor, action?
    Yes that's what I've been hearing, I can't say I will be sad to see Lights, Motor Action go.

There is also talk that the Beauty and the Beast Show is going to be closed and the theatre will be knocked down so that Disney can incorporate the spare land behind and build something new.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast