Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MNNSHP for Adults?

Post Thanks / Like
    My husband and I are planning a trip to DisneyWorld in the fall, and we will be there during Halloween. I know that event is much more family friendly than the Universal Halloween party (which looked scary as hell, honestly!) but I wanted to know if it'll be over run by little kids (I know it's Disney, I'm just saying...) or if it'll be awesome for an adult couple with no kids. Basically, we're just looking for something fun to do on Halloween night so I was wondering if any childless couples have had any experience with the NNSHP. Thanks for any help!

Even miracles take a little time.

2-08-09 thru 2-14-09 Port Orleans French Quarter
    3-20-10 thru 3-27-10 off property house rental
    9-24-11 thru 10-1-11 Old Key West

Post Thanks / Like
    My DW and I are both in our 60's. The only time we have ever done MNSSHP with kids is when we were there with friends who had them. We have been known to do the party twice on one trip. IMHO the parade itself is worth the entry fee and even the adults get to trick or treat and we've never left without a bag of goodies.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    It is absolutely fun for adults without children. Yes, there are bunches of kids there, but you will truly enjoy yourself. The Parade is the best of them all. Seriously. Join in the queues for the candy. It's fun, and the queues move quickly.

So, go ahead and enjoy yourselves! (No way on earth would I go to Universal. I know some folks really enjoy that seriously scary stuff, but I'm not one of them).

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm glad someone posted about this! We were looking into it on our trip as well. I have also heard that there are characters out and about that you don't normally see and that since it's a limited number of people, the lines go fairly quickly. Also that it's the only time adults are allowed to be in costume! Can anyone confirm any of this?

There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island. -- Walter Elias Disney

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Faythstar, post: 312192
    I'm glad someone posted about this! We were looking into it on our trip as well. I have also heard that there are characters out and about that you don't normally see and that since it's a limited number of people, the lines go fairly quickly. Also that it's the only time adults are allowed to be in costume! Can anyone confirm any of this?

Yes it is true about the characters. All 7 dwarves are out for the Halloween and Christmas parties. Those lines can be very long.

Adults are allowed to dress up. It can still be very hot even in late Oct so keep that in mind when picking out a costume.

Adults can trick or treat too. There are lots of kids but it is MK! Always tons of kids lol.

Lines for the rides used to be much much shorter but that is not necessarily the case.

We were at the Christmas party last Dec and it hasn't reached capacity and it was crazy busy.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    We did it last year and loved it, I am 26 and my gf is 22. We didn't feel out of place.

We were worried it would be kids central, however it is very much a family feel and as above the parade was worth the admission fee alone!

I will go as far as to say the Hallowishes fireworks are ALMOST as good as Wishes! Certainly different.

We managed to get a photo with all 7 of the dwarfs in a group shot.

We did it on our last night so couldn't bring a lot of the candy home. It was a nice way to end the holiday I feel.

Worth the money in my opinion!

Post Thanks / Like
    Couple here too without kids and Im always on about Disney thinking about families with kids and forgetting the rest of us BUT the halloween party is an exception. It's brilliant in its own right, oodles of fun and i'd definitely do it again
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    This is one if the things I am looking forward to most, I could never do US HHN but the Disney one looks do much fun! The adults that have done it, have you dressed up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tishypops, post: 312199
    This is one if the things I am looking forward to most, I could never do US HHN but the Disney one looks do much fun! The adults that have done it, have you dressed up?
    I havent, well no more than usual , but I've seen some *AMAZING* costumes over the years and some quite risqué costumes too. Seems like pretty much anything goes on halloween night which may not be everyone's taste but I found fun. I'm reminded of a very very interesting Ariel costume.....
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    DH has a cool hack sparrow costume that he can wear but I don't know what to do for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast