Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Podcasts - Disney & Universal

Post Thanks / Like
    I enjoy listening to podcasts. Especially the fan made ones, as they seem real and give genuine opinions.

I listen to Micecast, which is an adult look on things however it is mainly based on Disneyland California and would like something Orlando related.

Can anyone recommend a fun podcast that is either Disney or Universal related?

Not necessarily looking for one with lots of pixie dust but want something that has real opinions not opinions of the company

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    I have listened to the passporter one before and that was good :0)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Funny you should ask this question, Oreo! I spent a good hour or so this weekend looking for one as well!

I'm also looking for podcasts on other topics as well if anyone would care to suggest something. I have a considerable drive to/from work each day and would enjoy having something to listen to. As for Disney World related podcasts, I'm sorry to say I didn't have much luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Podcasts are a personal taste and while someone will like one, someone else will hate it.

There is one called the Disneybrit podcast, and it is very good, well produced etc but it has too much Pixie dust and fluff for my liking.

I know that is what Disney is about but when I'm listening to a podcast I don't want it rammed in my face.

There is the dibbcast, which is fantastic for those with insomnia

The two above are british based ones. Plenty of other American ones for me to try

What kind of topics are you looking for in a podcast Beccaberry?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 312204
    I'm also looking for podcasts on other topics as well if anyone would care to suggest something.
    Ohhh... ohhh.... pick me! Pick me!

Seriously Becca, don't know if you listen to this or not but you might want to give this one a shot. It's a podcast of various episodes of NPR's "Wait, wait. Don't tell me". A weekly news show that they do every Saturday and it can be absolutely hysterical. I listened to one called "Clippy must die!" in the car one day and had to pull off the road to compose myself I was laughing so hard. Couldn't see through the tears to drive.

You can also download episodes from the NPR web site for the show at this link. By the way, If you want to hear the "Clippy Must Die!" bit, it's available here. The show was actually called "Eulogy For a Microsoft Mascot". But be prepared!

Tom (... just had to pop in and say "Hi!")

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catrancher, post: 312208
    Ohhh... ohhh.... pick me! Pick me!

Seriously Becca, don't know if you listen to this or not but you might want to give this one a shot. It's a podcast of various episodes of NPR's "Wait, wait. Don't tell me". A weekly news show that they do every Saturday and it can be absolutely hysterical. I listened to one called "Clippy must die!" in the car one day and had to pull off the road to compose myself I was laughing so hard. Couldn't see through the tears to drive.

You can also download episodes from the NPR web site for the show at this link. By the way, If you want to hear the "Clippy Must Die!" bit, it's available here. The show was actually called "Eulogy For a Microsoft Mascot". But be prepared!

Tom (... just had to pop in and say "Hi!")
    TOM!! It's so good that you were able to pop in and say hi, we do miss you when you're not around and I hope you're able to "pop in" more often in the upcoming months!

You found my weakness, alright....I LOVE NPR. Listen to every day, and have wished quite often I was in the care more on the weekends so I could listen to the "Saturday Shows" so this will be perfect!!! THANK YOU for point me in the right direction!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Oreo, post: 312207
    Podcasts are a personal taste and while someone will like one, someone else will hate it.

There is one called the Disneybrit podcast, and it is very good, well produced etc but it has too much Pixie dust and fluff for my liking.

I know that is what Disney is about but when I'm listening to a podcast I don't want it rammed in my face.

There is the dibbcast, which is fantastic for those with insomnia

The two above are british based ones. Plenty of other American ones for me to try

What kind of topics are you looking for in a podcast Beccaberry?
    Totally understand it's down to taste, Oreo, that makes perfect sense.

I may give the Disneybrit one a go, as I do LOVE the pixie dust and fluff (but COMPLETELY understand it's not everyone's cup of tea - Jon loves Disney, but is much like you and enjoys the facts, figures and viewpoints more than the magic and pixie dust).

I'll watch this space and see if anyone else has some suggestions! Great thread, Oreo!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 312223
    Totally understand it's down to taste, Oreo, that makes perfect sense.

I may give the Disneybrit one a go, as I do LOVE the pixie dust and fluff (but COMPLETELY understand it's not everyone's cup of tea - Jon loves Disney, but is much like you and enjoys the facts, figures and viewpoints more than the magic and pixie dust).

I'll watch this space and see if anyone else has some suggestions! Great thread, Oreo!
    Don't get me wrong it's a fab podcast and I can listen to it some times.

My gf loves listening to it all the time.

It's very much a podcast direct at those who are spending a few weeks at Disney, however they have covered a lot of other bits which are quite interesting.

If you do like the format of their podcast there is a huge back catalog, and if you're into your disney music I do recommend listening to their Disney Island Disks epsiodes where the idea is they're trapped on an Island and only have enough space on their mp3 player for three songs and they all have to choose the three and justify why etc.

There are plenty of different ones to choose from on itunes and I only have scratched the surface.

I thought about doing one a while back but the work that goes into them is incredible and well there isn't much financial reward if any at all.

Happy podcast hunting, let me know if you find any good ones

P.s If you like your pixie dust a man called Lou mongello does the wdw radio podcast. That's very Disney but very well produced too.

Post Thanks / Like
    I ONLY listen to podcasts in the car, and they are alllll Disney ones!
    Being a Brit, I absolutely love Disney Brit. There's also Dis After Dark which is really funny! Eye on Orlando is also very good.
    The american ones I listen to are the biggies really. WDW radio is a must, as is Inside The Magic. I also like Wed way radio and wed way now. Resort loop is also really good

Post Thanks / Like
    Ooooo The Unofficial Guide Disney Dish with Jim Hill is also fantastic! They do great park walk rounds. Go back in their catalogue though and you'll find some brilliant episodes.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast