Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DOWNTOWN DISNEY

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    What do you love about downtown disney
    i love to spend time there
    Listening to NOVA ERA and ANDRE CARAM. Eating at RAGLAN ROAD,PARIDISO 37 AND GOSPEL BRUNCH at HOUSE OF BLUES

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Post Thanks / Like
    I like to walk from one end to the other and back. I like to poke around a bit in the shops. Herself likes to have a piece of the free chocolate at Ghirardelli.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oil
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 312464
    I like to walk from one end to the other and back. I like to poke around a bit in the shops. Herself likes to have a piece of the free chocolate at Ghirardelli.
    Oh yes several visits for free chocolate and love the hot chocolate and the deserts

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Post Thanks / Like
    What do I love about Downtown Disney.....

Well, it has my favourite shop in the whole World there - World of Disney.
    Hubby says the best milkshake he has ever had was at Haagen Dazs and we have to go there every trip.
    Plus, we love our yearly Christmas visit to Cirque du Soleil.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the general feel of it. Something warming about it at night.

I love spending time in the world of Disney, the amount of times I have got lost in that place.

Post Thanks / Like
    By tradition DTD is always our first port of call the day after we arrive in Orlando.
    Being a creature of habit, the day consists of taking a coffee from Ghiradelli`s and drinking it while sitting by a table adjacent to the lagoon. This is followed by a stroll around, going over to Westside, however my favourite shop [the Magic Shop] is sadly no longer there . For lunch we grab a sandwich from the Earl of Sandwich and do a spot of people watching before returning to our villa for some r&r prior to dinner.

We`ve been sticking to this programme for several years to date.

Post Thanks / Like
    We always visit here on our first day too. Bit of Disney atmosphere without crashing and burning in a theme park. All the more important now we have the boy to consider too. We just like to wander about the shops, grab a drink and sit on a bench, play with the Lego, just generally chill really.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used to love the magic shop and the magic demos they showed, I miss it big time.

I used to like the virgin megastore. A bit of normality amongst the Disney stuff and a sandwich in the little cafe on the top floor.

Occasionally we dine at the rainforest cafe just for the quirky nature of the thing.

We often go to the cinema, sometimes doing the dine-in bit of it as well.

I really used to like the night time atmosphere but of course that's gone largely with the removal of most of pleasure island. I do still enjoy a midnight snack at planet hollywood though :D
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 312689
    I used to love the magic shop and the magic demos they showed, I miss it big time.
    I REALLY miss that place.
    Every time we visited I had to buy several magic effects which come in very handy at dinner parties etc.
    On our last visit we were taken into a secret back room where one of the guys showed me how to work the effects I had bought which was a darn sight easier than ploughing through the written instructions.

Post Thanks / Like
    I really miss Virgin music. They had a vast selection of all types of music and I could almost always find what I was looking for there. So many new things to try. Nothing compares to it anywhere in a 100 mile radius from what I've found.

Terry, I know how much you enjoyed that Magic Shop. It seems as though all the uniqueness (or nearly all) has gone. Used to LOVE the art store with it's Dr. Seuss show.

DTD still has it's purpose, but it doesn't meet the needs or "wants" of many people for night life entertainment.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast