Thread: Holiday booking- what would you do

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok so do i book Virgin holidays for fly drive or wait till January for flights. It nearly 4000 upper class for dd and me but that is with 3 weeks adapted car hire. Do you think if i wait will i get it cheaper. Will need to add more economy seats on but thats not my worry. Will prices come down or just get more expensive.
    Also how many virgin miles can you swap for money off Virgin holidays. We have over 85000 miles now. Do i get 10% discount with Virgin holidays or has that now changed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, being in the US, I'm going to be of very limited help!

Is fly-drive a combination of airfare and car rental? If so, and if you think the prices are good, I probably would go ahead and book. Based on pricing this year, I seriously doubt there will be much decrease--if any--in airfare in the next year or so. All I've seen on domestic flights is consistent price increases, with the occasional price drop for last minute flights to places no one wants to visit! Domestic airfare alone has more than doubled from PHX to MCO, if that is any kind of guide.

Can't help at all with the Virgin miles, unfortunately.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Taja, post: 35266
    Okay, being in the US, I'm going to be of very limited help!

Is fly-drive a combination of airfare and car rental? If so, and if you think the prices are good, I probably would go ahead and book. Based on pricing this year, I seriously doubt there will be much decrease--if any--in airfare in the next year or so. All I've seen on domestic flights is consistent price increases, with the occasional price drop for last minute flights to places no one wants to visit! Domestic airfare alone has more than doubled from PHX to MCO, if that is any kind of guide.

Can't help at all with the Virgin miles, unfortunately.
    Some good help thankyou. When we started to look at this holiday we priced uc flights only to get a sort of price idea. They were coming out around 1300 they are now around 1700. This cost is per person :(