Thread: Can I stay on board at port?

Post Thanks / Like
    If the ship goes somewhere Im really not interested in is it ok to stay on the boat? are there still plenty of things to do?

Post Thanks / Like
    Based on The Travel Channel programmes--not personal experience--you can stay on board. Not sure what there is to do besides swimming and sunning, but apparently the spa offers discounts on port days, if that is of interest.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by UKTim, post: 35267
    If the ship goes somewhere Im really not interested in is it ok to stay on the boat? are there still plenty of things to do?
    Yes you sure can stay on board Tim.
    We`ve never done it ourselves but others we have spoken to have said how peaceful and quiet it is after most folks have gone ashore.
    The entertainment doesn`t shut down just because you are in port, there`s always something going on and all of the on-board activities will be outlined in the Personal Navigator newsheet which is delivered to your stateroom each day.

Post Thanks / Like
    We were back on board by lunchtime on our Nassau day and we hade a lovely peaceful lunch at Tritons and then the kids spent the afternoon in a relatively quiet pool. :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    I've stayed on board once (and returned very quickly once) and had a lovely time of it! The crew seem to go out of their way to be engaging when you are in port. The spas do have specials and it's a wonderful time to visit the spa area. One cruise liner we were on had an incredible area dedicated to the spa.

Sometimes there are special events for those who remain on board to attend.

Probably should mention that my cruise experiences haven't included Disney. We're taking care of that oversight in August 2009.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 35482
    Probably should mention that my cruise experiences haven't included Disney. We're taking care of that oversight in August 2009.
    Now that`s what I call good news Tink. [Now if only we could persuade our Keith to take the plunge one day! ]

Post Thanks / Like
    It's only because there are a bazillion of us going and I won't have to eat at a table with strangers. :spring:

It's for Herself's Mother's birthday (75th) and it's a surprise.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 35547
    Now that`s what I call good news Tink. [Now if only we could persuade our Keith to take the plunge one day! ]
    I'm convinced I really am! Just need to incorporate it into the plans somehow!
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com