Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gay Day, with a side of SWW at WDW

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 312652
    Hmmmm.... Nope that didnt work.
    how are you posting Tink? from a cell phone using tapatalk or a web browser or?
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I feel like a goober for having to ask this, but where is it you're staying? I don't recognize the abbreviation! lol!

Looking forward to hearing more about your trip!

There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island. -- Walter Elias Disney

Post Thanks / Like
    Also, what parade do they have at DHS right now? I was looking on their official site and thought it was odd that it was the only park without one mentioned! I thought perhaps they were between parades...

There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island. -- Walter Elias Disney

Post Thanks / Like
    Keith, I was posting using an iPad mini from the WDW wifi in MK when I could get a connection. It was very spotty and usually I could not get one.

I am at Old Key West. The parade at DHS had to do with SWW.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    It sounds like you had a great time at MK and you are enjoying it at OKW. I'm glad I wasn't there with the boys at SWW I would have said something and then stood in front of her with my little man sat on my shoulders. What is the matter with some people they are just so rude

Chris is asking what strap Herself is using for her camera and does she carry it around her neck? He used to have the same problem but he bought a different type of strap and now he finds it much easier.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    She has a camera bag that holds the camera and the lenses. I've tried to suggest we get a second bag and use it for the lenses to lighten up the one she is using, but that suggestion hasn't met with a lot of enthusiasm.

The boy's Da said the woman was really horrible. She tried shoving him out of the way too. He told her that if she didn't leave (there was a family sitting on the curb right in front of him, that she was nearly stepping on too) he was going to call security to come and intervene. He finally had to raise his voice to her and say, "NO! LEAVE NOW," before she would. He doesn't stay around much for parades so this was kind of new to him. We see it all the time though, as a matter of fact every time we stay for a parade someone tries to shove ahead, or (more often) some little kid is trying so hard to see around your legs because the parents just "walked in" and expected to be able to have a decent spot. Of course you give the little kid room in front of you to watch, then the parent says, "Oh I have to be with my child" and there goes your spot.

The boy never did end up wearing his costume. It was simply too hot (and as he said, itchy!) for it yesterday. He'll keep it for Halloween, and use it then.

Not sure exactly what we are doing today, but relaxing comes into the picture for sure.

Hey! They are mowing the lawn! (Kind of early for that, don't you think)?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    After our dinner in our villa, we went to the Top of the World lounge in the Contemporary to watch the fireworks, have a drink and visit with our friend who is also the bartender. However, it was the first time in a long, long time that we had a problem with OKW transport. We waited over 30 minutes for the MK bus while bus after bus for the other parks came and went.

We did make it to the lounge before the fireworks, but we had wanted to get there, relax, visit a bit... so on. It was extremely hot out still so I stayed indoors with the boy's Da while Herself and the boy went out on the viewing deck to watch the show. I was perfectly content with my view, and having the sound piped in.

We visited a bit with our friend, and then were home by about midnight. Total cost for drinks (five with alcohol and one Mickey Cocktail) was $60.

This morning is hot, and sunny so we are heading to EPCOT. We expect a pretty decent storm this afternoon so will return then and do whatever it is one does at OKW when the rain comes in. Probably involve DVDs and drinks.

I'm not going to try to get photos and post "live" today. It didn't go well yesterday so I'll just catch up with you when we get back to the villa.

Take care now, and see you all real soon!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 312690
    After our dinner in our villa, we went to the Top of the World lounge in the Contemporary to watch the fireworks, have a drink and visit with our friend who is also the bartender.
    STILL not been in there one reason to buy a dvc I suppose :/

However, it was the first time in a long, long time that we had a problem with OKW transport. We waited over 30 minutes for the MK bus while bus after bus for the other parks came and went.
    argh horrible that. Hope the rest of the day goes better
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Hope you are having a fun day drinking, umm I mean walking around the world :wink:

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    You know? It is SO hot we didn't dare have an alcoholic drink. We left the park about 3 or so because it was just too hot. We walked around the world showcase. The boy did Phineas and Ferb (we all agreed, Kim Possible was better) at Norway. We rode the Maelstrom, and then strolled through the countries. We actually did the American show for the first time in years and years. The Voices of Liberty were singing indoors and that was nice to listen too. I'd forgotten how much the American show rubbed me the wrong way, for the most part.

We did the Mexico ride, too and then simply gave up...

We are in the villa now having a late lunch or early dinner, however you want to look at it. We may go back later when the heat eases, but who knows? It's all about relaxation and doing what comes our way.

Maybe we'll rent a boat!

Keith, we know the secret entry to Top of the World, so if you ever want to go...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast