Thread: Park ticket help.

Post Thanks / Like
    We are going in August and really can't sort out our tickets. We only really want to do both universal, disney water park, magic kingdom, and maybe Epcot.

Should I pay 345.00 for both universal, and all disney parks and extras, or wait until I'm over there and buy tickets on the day?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    I know what you mean!

For us it used to be simple, all disney all the time. Now it's much more complex.

Buying tickets at the gate nearly always works out more expensive than pre-buying, so I think if you know for certain you're doing x days at epcot, y at magic kingdom etc, you can work out which is the best priced tickets.

Buying in the UK is usually better than in the US

There's also that nice little feeling of having everything sorted out which has some value
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Disney just confirmed single day ticket prices increase tomorrow. $95 for MK and $90 for the other three.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    It's always cheaper to buy the multiway tickets. The 1 and 2 day tickets are very pricy

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    345 for all the parks? That sounds 'cheap'

The other option you have is to buy a 10 day disney ticket sold in the US and put the non expiration option on there, it would mean you'd get at least 2 trips out of them

Post Thanks / Like
    We are in the same position, our annual passes expire 4 or 5 days before we leave and I want to be able to get into Epcot on 3 occasions after thy have expired. I have looked at the cost of tickets and it would actually work our cheaper for me to buy the 7 day ticket over here than getting them at the gate.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 312667
    We are in the same position, our annual passes expire 4 or 5 days before we leave and I want to be able to get into Epcot on 3 occasions after thy have expired. I have looked at the cost of tickets and it would actually work our cheaper for me to buy the 7 day ticket over here than getting them at the gate.
    Same for us... our APs have now expired and although we had three visits to Orlando with them, we probably only went to a Disney park a handful of times in each visit.

It's very debatable whether an annual pass makes sense at near $650 v a 14 day ticket from the uk at 255 problem is, if we do that twice, we've paid more than we would for the AP :/ but if we pay at the gate each time, as we all know, it's an extremely expensive way costing $100 each go! so 7 visits in the year and blam.

As we'd expect from Disney, they've worked it out to extract the most possible.

I find it interesting that they've made the childs AP the same price as adult though! there'll be some people very annoyed at that

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought the 14 days were nearer 300 now, just checked for 2014 they are 285. It's getting a bit ridiculous to be honest, the price rise each year is way above inflation :(

Post Thanks / Like
    If you go more than once a year or can work in 2 visits to overlap, like we have last year and this year, then it is cheaper for an AP as you get free parking and 10% discount in quite a few places now including more restaurants. So I don't blame you getting new passes yesterday Keith.

I've just looked at OTD and their 7 day is 255, 14 day 257 and 21 days 286.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 312683
    If you go more than once a year or can work in 2 visits to overlap, like we have last year and this year, then it is cheaper for an AP as you get free parking and 10% discount in quite a few places now including more restaurants. So I don't blame you getting new passes yesterday Keith.
    Even getting them was a faff though. Can't seem to find annual passes on the UK disney site which I KEEP getting directed to. If I force the US site then I can fill in the form but then it says "you cant order annual passes with a UK billing address"

I phoned because I specifically wanted to beat the price increase and it was all very efficient. They found me on the system and placed the order but still come on Disney :/ at least fix the online.