Thread: Places close to Disney to eat

Post Thanks / Like
    I have to keep saying the dirty word "budget" to get me used to it!
    But yes we are travelling on one of those this time so we are having to look for alternatives to eating in the restaurants we would normally want to (and were planning if the trip was next year as planned) so I am trying to find so alternatives close to Disney.
    When ever we have eaten offsite before it has always been around idrive or Universal so I really don't know where anything is (I drove for the first time last time and didn't explore areas around the disney boundaries too much).
    Can anyone suggest places that are close by, nice but inexpensive (I'm not asking for much ) that would be good for us to try.

Thanks
    xx

Post Thanks / Like
    There are many! Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Bahama Breeze, Joe's Crab Shack, Orlando Ale House, Long Horn, carrabas, and if you want a buffet there are Sweet Tomatoes, Golden Corral. Higher end are Ruth's Chris, Roys, Seasons 52, Melting Pot.

There are many, many restaurants in the immediate ares off property.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I have to agree with Tink, there are some nice places to eat that aren't too expensive and don't forget to look for coupons as well, as you can normally get a few dollars off for each person.

Also, if you go into a restaurant before the evening dining times, you will be able to get the same meal for lunchtime prices, we do this especially at the Cheesecake Factory.

What type of food do you like to eat?

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 312993
    I have to agree with Tink, there are some nice places to eat that aren't too expensive and don't forget to look for coupons as well, as you can normally get a few dollars off for each person.

Also, if you go into a restaurant before the evening dining times, you will be able to get the same meal for lunchtime prices, we do this especially at the Cheesecake Factory.

What type of food do you like to eat?
    I eat pretty much anything but DH is a very boring chicken/steak/(good quality) burger type person which drives me insane but hey ho I knew what he was like when I married him

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tishypops, post: 313005
    I eat pretty much anything but DH is a very boring chicken/steak/(good quality) burger type person which drives me insane but hey ho I knew what he was like when I married him
    I've got one of them as well, although he has changed a bit and will try just about anything once, he might not eat it but he will try it.

Chilis is nice, it's nothing special or fancy and you can get meal deals and coupons. There is also comething for everyone.

If you are in a Mall and you all don't mind burgers, then Five Guys is very nice but very large unless you have the little one, which is what we both have

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    And if you go to Five Guys, the fries are more than big enough to share.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    The outback stakehouse! The bloomin' onion is a must, a long with their Honey Loaf bread!

:)

Post Thanks / Like
    Joe's Crab Shack

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    PERKINS is another reasonably priced family resturant

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"