Thread: Hurricanes

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey
    After just realising that I am going within hurricane season (you would think I would think about it as I always warn people in my job)
    I was just wondering on the rare occasions that Orlando is affected what do you all do to pass your time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Dispite Florida having it's fair share of Hurricanes it is very rare you see Disney World Shut down.

We were there when Katrina hit a few years ago and was unlucky enough to be told to stay in the hotel and not to leave. That lasted about 8 hours in total, and fortunately we were on Disney property so they laid on some entertainment etc.

It's always good to have a 'back up' option for those rainy days. We tend to do things like the Malls (if we can drive in the weather) or I quite like Wonderworks museum thing.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been there during 3 hurricanes, including Hurricane Andrew. Most of the time we just carried on, but the few days that were too bad to be outside we stayed in the resort and had a rest or did laundry etc. :)
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MystikPiglit, post: 313062
    I've been there during 3 hurricanes, including Hurricane Andrew. Most of the time we just carried on, but the few days that were too bad to be outside we stayed in the resort and had a rest or did laundry etc. :)
    We were there for Andrew too! I can't remember much though as I was only five at the time!

I seem to get followed by Hurricanes!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve lost count of the number of times that I`ve been in Florida when there has been a hurricane....hardly surprising really seeing as the hurricane season runs from May to November!

As you probably know, hurricanes lose the majority of their impetus when they hit land, and you couldn`t be much further inland in Florida than in the Orlando area. Now, the coastal areas are another matter!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes we are not planning on going to the beach so there is no way we would have to worry about that :0)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk