Thread: WE FOUND IT!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    You may remember, well over a year ago I was going on about a small seafood restaurant, that although you could get broiled, they had perfect and delicious fried food. Well, it closed. :(

BUT IT'S OPEN AGAIN!!! They moved to a different location that is a bit larger, and much nicer than the old one.

They have delicious fish and chips, fried oysters, fried whole clam bellies, and a very nice assortment of other fresh fish. I must admit, I didn't much look at the non-seafood items, but they are there.

The clam chowder was very nice, if a bit thick. They have key lime pie (only) for dessert. We were so happy to find this locally owned little place!

Wendy, it's the one we were telling you and Chris about when we went out to Ponce Inlet that day.
    http://www.fish-chipsorlando.com

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 313143
    You may remember, well over a year ago I was going on about a small seafood restaurant, that although you could get broiled, they had perfect and delicious fried food. Well, it closed. :(

BUT IT'S OPEN AGAIN!!! They moved to a different location that is a bit larger, and much nicer than the old one.

They have delicious fish and chips, fried oysters, fried whole clam bellies, and a very nice assortment of other fresh fish. I must admit, I didn't much look at the non-seafood items, but they are there.

The clam chowder was very nice, if a bit thick. They have key lime pie (only) for dessert. We were so happy to find this locally owned little place!

Wendy, it's the one we were telling you and Chris about when we went out to Ponce Inlet that day.
    YAYAYAYAYAY!!! So glad it's turned back up!!! Oh how I love, love, love seafood!

Post Thanks / Like
    2 questions...

How do I get there?

What's a hush puppy?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hush puppies are yummy! The nearest thing i can alike them to are Deep fried dumplings - not Chinese dumplings but the ones we get in stews etc. the ones I've had are slighty sweet with a tiny bit of spice and flavouring. Yum

Just seen they have cornmeal in them, think that's what might give them their slightly sweet taste

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, that's the first time I've heard hush puppy referred to as a dumpling!

They are a very thick batter (think doughnut hole) that is mostly savory. Depending upon who is making it, they can be sweet, although that is the less preferred way. They are made of cornmeal, and have the consistency of a moist doughnut hole. Some have green pepper in them, some don't. Some come with a dab of butter, some don't.

How do you get there? It's off 436 (Called Semoran in some areas of the road way) in Apopka. You can get there vial 429 if you are coming from Disney and points south, or I 4 east bound to 436 west bound. It's a pretty simple place to find. The address in the link is the crossroad at 436, so you simply look for that plaza (Publix is there, so it's well marked) and pull in.

This link does refer to hush puppies as dumplings. They also say they are finger shaped, which I've never seen. Any I've ever had or seen have been round... again, like a doughnut hole.
    http://whatscookingamerica.net/Bread/Hushpuppies.htm

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Growing up, our local "fish fry" served finger shaped hush puppies. I prefer the round ones, though. The only advantage the long, skinny ones had was that you could dip then directly into the little plastic cup of butter they brought out ;) like frenchfries and ketchup (oi!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 313161
    Growing up, our local "fish fry" served finger shaped hush puppies. I prefer the round ones, though. The only advantage the long, skinny ones had was that you could dip then directly into the little plastic cup of butter they brought out ;) like frenchfries and ketchup (oi!)
    Lol I've never heard them referred to as finger shaped! But YES to the butter!!

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not the biggest seafood fan but what little I do like, I REALLY like.

Great to see a place boasting about proper freshness. Should be awesome

Also interesting to see it calling itself a flsh and chip shop :) I've always wondered why there arent any fish and chip shops in orlando (silly epcot one aside).

It's not that I want to do the English tourist thing of going somewhere on holiday and then only eating the same stuff I get back in the UK, but classic english F+C shops are so popular, I feel sure they'd make a fortune in Orlando.

Or am I just missing the fish and chip district somewhere
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 313143

Oh my goodness, I remember you talking about it :) It's brilliant that you have found it again and they have burgers so there is something for Chris to eat having said that is enjoys fish and chips, so he could surprise us!

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.