Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My alton towers day

Post Thanks / Like
    Wahoooo it is nine and my brothers annual pilgrimage over to Alton Towers. This has become an annual tradition that we come together.
    I thought I would share a mini live 'trip feed' to while away the queue times.

So we were supposed to be getting here for 9:30 when the gates open but dale wasn't ready so we got here at 10

Obviously we headed straight for the smiler, 2 hour wait already and they were not 100% sure if it would open. We decided it was worth the 6 for fast passes(got them for 12) and then ran over (no cable cars for us, we are hardcore ) to forbidden forest for a walk on for nemesis. Dale us buying the photo card but we looked aweful so decided we would redo later. The worst thing about coming every year is you don't get the fear factor on the rides anymore but still loved it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Ran over to air with 15 minute wait then back for 10 minute wait for nemesis.

From here we cut back through the forest with the creepy whispering statues (have i said before that I am baby with stuff like that)
    I am so happy that we had fast track for smiler we literally had a walk on for it the thing that took the longest time was when you had to check your bags in.
    For anyone that has done it can I just say ha ha haaaa ha ha haaaa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaa
    Now I have done a LOT of coasters before and this is the best I have ever been on! You start in the dark with a dip then it twists you so you are horizontal and come out to a vertical climb. It is also the longest roller coaster I think I have ever been on, it actually stops you half way through and then you have another vertical climb. I think if I would have waited 3 hours for it I still wouldn't have been disappointed :)
    Anyway still buzzing from it we headed for generic theme park processed lunch and I am now in a 40 minute line for 13.
    I have never done this ride (because of my dear of dark rides) but dale has dragged me in because I made him go in it alone last time.

Post Thanks / Like
    It sounds like you are having a great time, I have never been to Alton Towers, I am the biggest coward out there when it comes to coaster Splash Mountain and Thunder Mountain are about as much as I can do

Hope you enjoyed your lunch, what ride have you planned to do next :D

Can I be cheeky and ask for some photos, it's easy to do in tapatalk

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thirteen is cool!

Imagine Big thunder Mountain crossed with tower of terror!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok I did 13 and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Not taken many pictures because we have bought the digital ones but I will snap a few.

Post Thanks / Like
    In a way I feel rather guilty by not having been to Alton Towers for many years, as it is literally 20 minutes from our house !

I remember going there when I was in my teens when the only attractions [apart from the house itself] were "Swan" boats on the lake and a very large model railway.
    It sure has changed over the years.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 313237
    In a way I feel rather guilty by not having been to Alton Towers for many years, as it is literally 20 minutes from our house !

I remember going there when I was in my teens when the only attractions [apart from the house itself] were "Swan" boats on the lake and a very large model railway.
    It sure has changed over the years.
    We could always go in July, I'll stay on the ground and take all the photos though

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 313241
    We could always go in July,
    That sounds like a good plan Wendy, although I know that it will be very busy over a weekend period and the roads in the Alton area were not designed for large volumes of traffic!
    This has been an on-going topic for years between the Alton residents and the owners of the Towers, but so far no relief road had materialised.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 313244
    This has been an on-going topic for years between the Alton residents and the owners of the Towers, but so far no relief road had materialised.
    Didn't they get close at one point?

I am sure they reported on the news that residents were against the road because it went through people's houses?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Oreo, post: 313246
    Didn't they get close at one point?

I am sure they reported on the news that residents were against the road because it went through people's houses?
    It nearly happened at one stage but it later died a death! I haven`t heard about the proposed road going through houses, but I get the impression that the owners of the park were reluctant to fund it.

I do feel a tad sorry for the residents of the village, many of whom have lived there for ages and apart fron the traffic, they now have to contend with the increased noise from the park, especially when they have concerts etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast