Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maybe a daft question!

Post Thanks / Like
    We are tentatively planning to spend a few days in the Keys when we visit Florida next week.

So far I`ve never bothered purchasing a "Sun Pass" as we seldom use the toll roads, but this time may be different.

Is the pass valid on the Turnpike ? .....if I recall the last time we went to the Keys, the toll costs were quite high.

Post Thanks / Like
    As far as I can remember it will cover you for the Turnpike and any other toll roads.

We get it every year as we tend to use the toll roads because they are quieter and we can get to places faster :D I'll see if I can find last year's paperwork to give you an idea of what it costs to rent them.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Wendy.
    So how does it work?
    I assume that the car rental companies add their commission onto the charges that accrue as you drive through the tolls?....or do they offer a cost per day of the car rental?

Post Thanks / Like
    To the best of my knowledge it is good on any toll road in FL. I use it on the Turnpike almost every time we are there, if we visit Donna's mom. I can't answer the rental car question though as I have my own.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    We didn't go as far as the keys but we did a fair amount of driving to lots of different beach locations and other places and found we only used the toll roads maybe 3 times in 3 weeks and 2 of them were coming from the airport. Is there a lot more now? It might be worth pulling up a route and seeing exactly how many you will go through to see if it is worth the cost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    It is a set fee per day no matter how many you go through

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought it was a set fee per day plus the tolls? Maybe I heard wrong last time we were renting a car

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    it is valid for any toll road in FLORIDA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know how it works with anyone other than Dollar, but all we do is ask if we can have the tolls added to the rental. With the rental cars you don't have a transponder, the rental company has an account and the tolls get charged to it and if you have pre-paid you don't get billed! It's worked perfectly for us the last 4 years or so.

I'm still looking for the paperwork from last year and I can't find it I keep everything so I don't know where that's gone. I think it cost us $75 for 3 weeks.

Terry, you can always ask how much it is to add tolls before you decide.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 313322
    I don't know how it works with anyone other than Dollar, but all we do is ask if we can have the tolls added to the rental. With the rental cars you don't have a transponder, the rental company has an account and the tolls get charged to it and if you have pre-paid you don't get billed! It's worked perfectly for us the last 4 years or so.

I'm still looking for the paperwork from last year and I can't find it I keep everything so I don't know where that's gone. I think it cost us $75 for 3 weeks.

Terry, you can always ask how much it is to add tolls before you decide.
    $75 for 3 weeks? EEEEK. That would be a LOT of tolls. You'd have to travel on a toll road almost every day for that 3 week period to spend that kind of money.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast