Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ios 7

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah it's a bit daft that you can't use existing email domains with icloud.

All signs point to there being a new iphone, probably an incremental upgrade from 5 to 5s, in September along with a retina version of the mini ipad (we hope). I'd expect iOS 7 to be rolled out for that launch and should be available to existing devices within a week or two of the new devices.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Did I read correctly that this will also become available for iPad?

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 313751
    Did I read correctly that this will also become available for iPad?
    yep!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 313748

All signs point to there being a new iphone, probably an incremental upgrade from 5 to 5s, in September along with a retina version of the mini ipad (we hope). I'd expect iOS 7 to be rolled out for that launch and should be available to existing devices within a week or two of the new devices.
    So then, give me your opinions...I dropped my 4s (eek!) the other night at a concert and have a hairline crack across the screen (not a huge deal, it's not in the best of shape to begin with - I've had it for AGES). I'm due for an upgrade, but haven't yet taken it because as it stands I have unlimited data usage, but last year Verizon ended that program and now only offer a tiered program. I'm currently "grandfathered" in, but when I upgrade, I'll lose it. So, the question is....should I make a claim through insurance and get a new 4s and keep that (and my unlimited data) until September when they're likely to put out a 5s, or should I go ahead and upgrade to the 5 now?

Thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like
    I definitely wouldnt go for a 5 now, especially not if you lose your unlimited!!!

Given the choice I'd definitely do the insurance claim, get the new 4s, keep it nice until september then sell it if you like the 5s and pay the extra to get an unlocked one out of pocket. that way you'll keep your unlimited

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 313819
    So then, give me your opinions...I dropped my 4s (eek!) the other night at a concert and have a hairline crack across the screen (not a huge deal, it's not in the best of shape to begin with - I've had it for AGES). I'm due for an upgrade, but haven't yet taken it because as it stands I have unlimited data usage, but last year Verizon ended that program and now only offer a tiered program. I'm currently "grandfathered" in, but when I upgrade, I'll lose it. So, the question is....should I make a claim through insurance and get a new 4s and keep that (and my unlimited data) until September when they're likely to put out a 5s, or should I go ahead and upgrade to the 5 now?

Thoughts?
    Keep the unlimited data at all costs!

I lost my unlimited data plan through an AT&T upgrade and I seriously regret it! I've taken to turning on airplane mode while it's in the charger overnight just to avoid "accidents".

Had an application that failed to play nice and tried to stream video all night over 3G. It was ugly at best.

Tom (... my 2 cents)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 313819

Thoughts?
    Are you sure you will lose your grandfather status? I have unlimited with AT&T. We have made all sorts if changes, upgrades, etc and I keep my grandfathered status.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately, I'm absolutely certain as we've been through it twice now with Andrew's phone and Jon's. Stinks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Keith, that's actually a really good idea. I hadn't thought of doing it that way.

And yes, I am really LOATHE to lose my unlimited data, especially given I typically use about twice as much as anyone else in the house.

Thanks for the thoughts!

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't suppose it has the one thing it really really needs......FLASH!!!! does it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast