Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ios 7

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 313819
    So then, give me your opinions...I dropped my 4s (eek!) the other night at a concert and have a hairline crack across the screen (not a huge deal, it's not in the best of shape to begin with - I've had it for AGES). I'm due for an upgrade, but haven't yet taken it because as it stands I have unlimited data usage, but last year Verizon ended that program and now only offer a tiered program. I'm currently "grandfathered" in, but when I upgrade, I'll lose it. So, the question is....should I make a claim through insurance and get a new 4s and keep that (and my unlimited data) until September when they're likely to put out a 5s, or should I go ahead and upgrade to the 5 now?

Thoughts?
    I am not a fab of the 5 at all. DH has one and I just don't like it. I have the 4s, due an upgrade end of this year but right now I am hoping I can keep it safe so I can stick with it about longer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tishypops, post: 313831
    Don't suppose it has the one thing it really really needs......FLASH!!!! does it?

Nope. Not a chance.

Tom (... why? When even Adobe is backing away from it.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tishypops, post: 313831
    Don't suppose it has the one thing it really really needs......FLASH!!!! does it?

I can honestly say I've never missed Flash on my phone...on my iPad, occasionally...but not on my phone. Many things are going to html5 now, so I don't even think about it very often.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tishypops, post: 313832
    I am not a fab of the 5 at all. DH has one and I just don't like it. I have the 4s, due an upgrade end of this year but right now I am hoping I can keep it safe so I can stick with it about longer

Yep, that was a bit of the reason I didn't upgrade when the 5 came out to begin with - I always like to give them a bit of time to "work out the kinks" :wink:

I do love my 4s and have been truly happy with it - Jon has the 5, and though I find some of the features "nice" I wasn't fussed about having to have it. He REALLY wanted the Galaxy S3 (and then 4) but just couldn't get past the size of them -

Post Thanks / Like
    I currently have a 4S. It's giving me problems with not holding a charge worth a darn but it's been a good phone otherwise. I am due for an upgrade at the end of Aug. The store tried to get me to go with an Android last year. It was TOO BIG. The phone needs to fit in my front pocket.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 313838
    I can honestly say I've never missed Flash on my phone...on my iPad, occasionally...but not on my phone. Many things are going to html5 now, so I don't even think about it very often.
    Yes I notice it more on my iPad but occasionally in my phone too. It is a pain when you click on a link on Facebook and the little 'requires flash' message comes up. When DD is using my iPad for homework (Like last night) and I end up having to get my laptop out :0/

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 313843
    I currently have a 4S. It's giving me problems with not holding a charge worth a darn but it's been a good phone otherwise. I am due for an upgrade at the end of Aug. The store tried to get me to go with an Android last year. It was TOO BIG. The phone needs to fit in my front pocket.
    I have a 4 and my phone does not hold it's battery. A walk to work (25 mins) without touching it reduces the battery to 92%. I have tried turning off wifi, bluetooth and all other host of things without sucess.

I even switched off my mobile internet for a while to see if it helps. Nothing.

That is the only thing that is putting me off getting another iphone!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Oreo, post: 313849
    I have a 4 and my phone does not hold it's battery. A walk to work (25 mins) without touching it reduces the battery to 92%. I have tried turning off wifi, bluetooth and all other host of things without sucess.

I even switched off my mobile internet for a while to see if it helps. Nothing.

That is the only thing that is putting me off getting another iphone!
    Me too but with a 5, I have an appointment with the Genius Bar on Friday. My phone is near useless to me at the moment because of the battery drain

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the 4 and the battery life has been great for m. Last year on holiday it lasted all day long, I just charged it every night. When you think of the photos and things I was posting on here during the day and other things I was really impressed.

Chris has the Galaxy 2 and he finds the iphone too small, he's hoping that when the 6 comes out it will be slightly bigger than it is now (he's not interested in the 5s )

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jon had the Galaxy 2 and loved it - that's why he was so disappointed when the 3&4 increased so much in size.

My battery has just started to show signs of "age." It used to do brilliantly, but over the last couple of months I've seen a significant change.

So, I think I have made the decision to do as many of you suggested and file the insurance claim and wait a bit to upgrade. Thanks for all the advice an insight!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast