Thread: The amazing things CMs do

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont know if you have all read the story of the little boy with autism that had a bad experience at Jedi training turn into a life long memory because of a cast member....see below but beware you WILL cry

http://writeshesays.wordpress.com/20...ruined-moment/

It has gotten me thinking about all of the amazing cast members there are at all of the Disney parks and how they truely do go out of their way to make everything perfect when we are in their world.

I wanted to share a story of our last trip,
    While we were there it was my DDs 3rd birthday so I was very excited that she was now old enough to go to BBB to be made into her favourite princess Cinderella before we were going for breakfast at CRT.
    My younger daughter was 18 months and so she didn't feel left out she wore her snow white dress.
    Abigail was having such a good time with everyone making a fuss of her and making her feel like a true princess, but what I was most impressed with is how her little sister Gabriella was treated by all of the fairy godmothers in training. They kept coming over and saying hi and telling her how pretty she looked in her princess dress and playing games with her (Although my husband was sat with her whilst I was with Abigail he is not great at keeping her entertained for an extended length of time so this really did mean that I could pay lots of attention to the birthday girl)
    Abigail had been given her wand and crown (in cinderella blue) and at the same time they had handed Gabriella a snow white one in red, I thought it was a little presumptuous to hand her something but as I was going to be looking in the store for one later that day (anyone with two girls who are close in age will know you cant give one something without the other having a matching one)
    We got to the register to pay for the experience and they gave me my total without Gabriella's things, I pointed out that we had also got those and the amazing godmother said 'no they are a gift for her because she was so patient and a lovely little sister'
    This absolutely made my day, that they had given this gift to Gabriella to make her day just as special as Abigail's really touched me and still brings a smile and a tear 4 years later.

Post Thanks / Like
    What a truly sweet story, Tishypops! Thank you for sharing :) I often have people ask me why, I "go back to Disney all the time" and THIS, this is why - there is magic everywhere!

Post Thanks / Like
    The only thing I can remember was a few years ago we were waiting for the parade at magic kingdom. It was a busy day and we'd been there for a while.

A CM was in charge of the pre parade entertainment (as it was raining) and he called upon me for his 'jokes'. He told me he was a villain trainee and was going to ask me a series of questions. If I didn't get one right I would be asked to either leave the park for the day or climb the outside of Cinderella castle and touch Peter Pan! He was joking, I think lol

Anyway the first few questions I got wrong and the fourth question he asked me to spell supercalerfagulticexpialadoshus backwards! As you can see I struggle to spell it normally! Lol

The last question he asked me to name the seven dwarfs in 20 seconds! I panicked, I forgot doc!! :(

Anyway he thanked me and the small crowd and asked me to follow him to the castle.

He took me and our party to the side of the castle to a VIP seated area (sheltered from the rain) and thanked me for being a good sport and that we can watch the parade from there.

It was such a small thing but I still remember it to this day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Disney CMs certainly have a way about them when it comes to spreading the magic don't they?

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 313781
    Disney CMs certainly have a way about them when it comes to spreading the magic don't they?
    they certainly do :)

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    A few things.

That Jedi Training story totally just made me cry!

While I see magic everywhere at Disney, I'm still waiting for my truly magical experience. However when DH and I were there for our honeymoon, we were wearing our "happily ever after" or whatever buttons to dinner at Sci-Fi Dine-In Theatre, and our waiter noticed and said he had something for us. He brought back two more "romance" themed buttons that he said were retired and they weren't really supposed to give out anymore but that they still had in the back. I've kept them as a memory of our wonderful times there. (We also got extra free dessert at Coral Reef for wearing our buttons to dinner.)

But perhaps my favorite cast member story is one that I'm not even included in. My DH's family is from Florida so he has been to WDW much more than I have (and I've been a fair amount of times). On one of these trips, my DH Gus was about 8, and his brother (who is 9 years his senior) was trying to convince him to ride Splash Mountain, and Gus was very hesitant. He was very afraid, so his brother pulled aside a cast member and told him that his little brother "really wanted to ride Splash Mountain, but he is scared of how high the drop is" and was there anything he could do? With a knowing look, the CM looked from my frightened little future-husband back to his brother and said, "Oh sure! We're cranking it down right now!" For some reason this cracks me up everytime I think about it. Gus swears he was so scared he climbed into the floorboards of the ride vehicle to hide, although I don't know how that could have been possible. Poor guy still won't go on Splash Mountain. :)

There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island. -- Walter Elias Disney

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh wow loved the Jedi story .. And the others disney can def make people feel special and magical

On our past trip my son dressed as a alien from toystory . It was a costume I got here in the UK and wasn't common so he got ALOT of attention because of it . We went on the buzzlightyear ride and when we came of a CM working on the photos shrieked and was complimenting his costume. She asked if we had brought the picture from the ride and I said we hadn't and she told us to wait whilst she went of, she came back with the picture in a frame for us and gave it to us for free :)
    [ATTACH]15498.vB[/ATTACH]

Joshy and JackJacks Mummy
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamabear, post: 314094
    Oh wow loved the Jedi story .. And the others disney can def make people feel special and magical

On our past trip my son dressed as a alien from toystory . It was a costume I got here in the UK and wasn't common so he got ALOT of attention because of it . We went on the buzzlightyear ride and when we came of a CM working on the photos shrieked and was complimenting his costume. She asked if we had brought the picture from the ride and I said we hadn't and she told us to wait whilst she went of, she came back with the picture in a frame for us and gave it to us for free :)
    Attachment 15498

OH HOW LOVELY!

Post Thanks / Like
    It really was :) made that day so special

Post Thanks / Like
    Lovely story about the photo frame! It's the little touches that count!

My mom got re-married at Wilderness Lodge back in 2006 and sadly they wouldn't let her in the park in her dress to have photo's infront of the castle in case the kids mistaken her for a princess (even she laughed).

Anyway, we didn't want to let that get in our way so we decided to get the pictures done anyway minus the dress and our suits. I bought my mom and step dad a mickey/minnie (the wedding design) hat each and the attention they got that day more than made up for it.

The stand out was when we were waiting for the parade to start Push the trash can came over to speak to her and asked her about her wedding. He disappeared and came back with a small book of fastpasses for her. These were special and could be used at any Disney Park, on any attraction, at any time! They come in useful in July I can tell you! :)