Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So it's booked.....

Post Thanks / Like

So after a looooong wait on hold yesterday evening to Disney (very unlike disney btw) we booked our Disney trip!

We were put through to an English lady who had moved over to the States 8 years ago, she was really nice actually.

Anyway, we have opted to fly out on 20th September next year from Gatwick. We haven't confirmed an airline yet, it will either be Virgin or British airways.

We are stopping in Old Key West and after some really good advice we have requested that our rooms are block 62/63 or 64. We requested similar last year at Coronado Springs however we were placed the furthest away from where we asked so I am not holding my breath.

Talking of great CM's yesterday, after we went through the booking we got talking about how it was the first trip for one of the party. Later in the phone call she said 'oh I notice one of you are celebrating a birthday, is this the same person who is going for their first time?'. I responded with a 'yes' and she said 'great' I have made a note for the resort to hold something special for her in either the room or on the front desk on your arrival'.

When I checked the inovice there was an entry which said 'Celebration' and the cost blanked out.

So that's going to be a nice little surprise for her.

We have now got the task of working out how the dining plan works properly and what we can and cannot have etc. So I fully expect to be picking all your brains.

Just got to pay for it now! lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Exciting! In my experience they don't even look at requests. I've always had good results in changing rooms on arrival if not good though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Britchick, post: 313850
    Exciting! In my experience they don't even look at requests. I've always had good results in changing rooms on arrival if not good though.
    Last time we went we booked through Openride (a company of virgin), we booked nearly two years in advanced and asked to be placed near reception.

We were the furthest away you could get, it was almost as if they looked at it and said 'ok, we'll do the oposite'.

Old Key West is a big resort and I don't fancy walking and age for drinks (like we did last time).

I suspect you're right and I will be a bit more 'stubborn' perhaps when I get checked in! lol

Post Thanks / Like
    oh that's so exciting, isn't it great when a plan comes good. Have a lovely time planning and dont forget those ADR'S

DLP The Disneyland Hotel
    1998 Wilderness Lodge
    1999 Off site
    2000 Caribbean Beach
    2001 Coronado Springs
    2003 Beach Club
    2005 Beach Club
    2007 Beach Club
    2009 Beach Club
    2012 Beach Club
    2014 Beach Club Concierge

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by piglet, post: 313853
    oh that's so exciting, isn't it great when a plan comes good. Have a lovely time planning and dont forget those ADR'S
    180 days (plus 10) isn't is? I think were around 449 days (not that I am counting )

Does anyone have a simple list of resturants at Disney World that accept the dining plan and also how many credits they're worth? I suspect the ones we all want to eat at will be more than one credit! :(

P.S it's actually 459 days! :(

Or 1 year, 3 months, 2 days

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm so glad you booked, it's nice having something to look forward to and you have plenty of time to plan, then change your mind and plan again :D

You need a countdown timer :D you can find them here

There is a list of the 2013 Disney Restaurants taking part in the Dining Plan here

The restaurants for 2014 will be probably be the same but when the information comes out I will replace the list and you should see it posted, but this will give you a good idea.

If you want to look at the menus for the parks you can find them here and resort menus are here but I am still working on them.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!! You're booked!!

How exciting!! Let the planning begin in earnest now!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 313862
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!! You're booked!!

How exciting!! Let the planning begin in earnest now!
    Who's Earnest?

Sorry my poor attempt at humour.

Thanks for the links Wendy.

Having a quick look Le Cellier, Artist Point and California Grill are all my favourites and all two credits! lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Oreo, post: 313873
    Who's Earnest?

Sorry my poor attempt at humour.
    I don't know either, but apparently he wants to help you plan your trip :)

Quote Originally Posted by Oreo, post: 313873
    Thanks for the links Wendy.

Having a quick look Le Cellier, Artist Point and California Grill are all my favourites and all two credits! lol
    To be honest, and just my opinion, if I was going to spend the two credits at a steakhouse, I'd choose The Yachtsman Steakhouse over Le Cellier. Le Cellier used to be brilliant, and is still quite the experience, but their steaks just haven't been on par lately. I enjoying going and simply paying out of pocket for the cheese soup and the pretzel bread. Having said that, if it's steak in EPCOT that you're after, Le Cellier will absolutely satisfy. We used to LOVE making a late ADR for Le Cell, on a night when we weren't planning to see Illuminations...and if you time it right and leave a bit after Illuminations has ended, you can basically stroll through the park at your leisure after it's closed. It's a lovely walk to the exit, everything is all lit up and sparkly, but very calm....

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have a great. Time It's great to have a DISNEY trip to look forward to

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast