Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tripods

Post Thanks / Like
    i have this tripod i bought for my hi8 camcorder, and used it wither my new one also took the photos that i posted on here

do you think it would be OK to take over there or do you think its way too BIG!!
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    It seems like a nice piece of kit Mick but would you really want to lug it around WDW? Personally for the amount of time that you use it...is it worth the hassle?

Post Thanks / Like
    I've seen some folks lugging those huge tripods and they never look very happy. Perhaps carrying it for a special event like a parade, Wishes, Illuminations... but not to keep it along every day.

On the other hand, if you had an ECV you could strap it to the back of it, and no problem!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    did u see the one i got that attaches to the side of my camera bag? i got it from jessops

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 35787
    It seems like a nice piece of kit Mick but would you really want to lug it around WDW? Personally for the amount of time that you use it...is it worth the hassle?
    i was thinking of getting a rucksack back and strapping it to that, but i guess your right its only extra weight, and would i use it that much

Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 35789
    On the other hand, if you had an ECV you could strap it to the back of it, and no problem!
    id get one in a moment as its so easy for everyone, but she wont let me get an ECV tink :( :mad: too expensive, and too much from the budget shed rather push me
    Mick

Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    I am not going to interfere in your family matters, plans or budgets, but I must tell you (having pushed a number of WCs) that choosing a WC over an ECV is penny wise and pound foolish. (No pun intended). :)

An ECV is much more comfortable, much easier on all concerned, no pushing over rough terrain, up hills, through crowds, trying to control it going down hill. A WC interferes with the ability to talk and communicate, and detracts from the person's ability to be independent.

There are many places off site that will rent an ECV to you, deliver it and pick it up. I know you are staying off site so transporting one to and from the parks might be a hassle, but you could research the options.

I won't go on and on about it, but really wish there were a way for you to have one.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 35806
    I am not going to interfere in your family matters, plans or budgets, but I must tell you (having pushed a number of WCs) that choosing a WC over an ECV is penny wise and pound foolish. (No pun intended). :)

An ECV is much more comfortable, much easier on all concerned, no pushing over rough terrain, up hills, through crowds, trying to control it going down hill. A WC interferes with the ability to talk and communicate, and detracts from the person's ability to be independent.

There are many places off site that will rent an ECV to you, deliver it and pick it up. I know you are staying off site so transporting one to and from the parks might be a hassle, but you could research the options.

I won't go on and on about it, but really wish there were a way for you to have one.
    hey tink i dont mind what you say, they are my exact points that ive made, im gonna do some diggin. only problem is i wont need one all the time, ie at the water parks, shopping etc the places i will is the main parks, but we arent doing thoise on consecutive days, if we leave it until we reach a park there is a chance there wont be any left
    Mick

Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    your a adult if you feel you want one then have one
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    There is a very good chance that there will be though. Especially if you get there at or shortly at opening. The cost really isn't all that bad for the once in awhile use at the parks. They refund a portion of the fee, and if you switch parks during the same day, you can take your receipt and show them and get another one at the other park without any additional cost.

They are MUCH better, trust me on this one, ok? I know it's not your way, but put your foot down on this one. It's for the comfort of all, not just you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tk2830, post: 35840
    your a adult if you feel you want one then have one
    told you b4 if the money isnt there its not a viable option :tongue0011-1::tongue0011-1:;)
    Mick

Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast