Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Choosing a Disney Memory to Re-Live

Post Thanks / Like
    We all have our memories of things that have happened at Walt Disney World, but if you were able to choose to re-live a Disney memory, what would you choose?

I think someone would have to choose for me, because mine would be the first time we walked into the Magic Kingdom, it was a belated honeymoon for us and it just took my breath away and was better than I ever imagined. The other times are when we took Livvy to BBB, her face when they turned her round will stay in my heart forever and the other one was when my little man became Jack Sparrow, he was so cute and knew exactly what he wanted, another special memory locked away. There are lots more, but these 3 stick in my mind.

What would your choice or choices be?

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    GREAT question!

I think mine would have to be the first day I ever went to Disney with my now-husband. When we were still dating, I spent Spring Break with him and his family in Gainesville, FL and he surprised me by taking me to Magic Kingdom, because he already knew how much Disney meant to me. It was one of the most magical days I've ever spent, experiencing my favorite place with someone I love so much. Surprisingly, for a beautiful Spring day, it was very uncrowded--probably the least crowded day I've ever spent at Disney. We got to walk through Mickey & Minnie's house, because it was before the closing of Toon Town, and since the crowd was minimal, we actually got to take some good pictures inside the houses that were normally crammed with people. We rode Haunted Mansion and Pirates multiple times, saw the parade AND the fireworks show, and it was the first time Gus had ever taken pictures with characters. It was pretty much a perfect day.

There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island. -- Walter Elias Disney

Post Thanks / Like
    It sounds so romantic and definitely a perfect day Faythstar.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I would have to choose the time we took our now 21 year old granddaughter (she turned 9 on her first day in the MK) and we (actually she) were chosen Grand Marshalls. With all the magic that happened that day it absolutely could not have been scripted any better.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 314576
    It sounds so romantic and definitely a perfect day Faythstar.
    It was one of the most magical days of my life. DEFINITELY the sweetest surprise I've ever been given. I still love being swept away in the memory.

There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island. -- Walter Elias Disney

Post Thanks / Like
    It would have to be our second trip to the World. This time we had our DD Alex, then around 6, and seeing the wonder in her eyes was better than anything. Seeing her so happy that she literally skipped between attractions and character meet and greets (hence my screen name) was all the magic that I need to remember.

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    must be in 1981 when the family first saw the magic kingdom sign

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Post Thanks / Like
    Watching the parade in MK last year with my mum brother and Joshy and all the attention he got from his pinocchio costume was amazing . It seemed so personal and he was so happy

Joshy and JackJacks Mummy

Post Thanks / Like
    OMG there are so many to choose from. One of them was walking into the BC and a CM coming up to tell us we had been upgraded to Club Level and when I asked how she knew who I was she just grinned and said 'Mickey told me'. Another was my very first visit to Disneyland when we were touring the USA. I was so excited I got the most awful migraine and everyone had to wait for me until the tablets had taken effect and as I walked round I saw a show with all the characters and I could actually feel my migraine abating, that was brillliant.

DLP The Disneyland Hotel
    1998 Wilderness Lodge
    1999 Off site
    2000 Caribbean Beach
    2001 Coronado Springs
    2003 Beach Club
    2005 Beach Club
    2007 Beach Club
    2009 Beach Club
    2012 Beach Club
    2014 Beach Club Concierge

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't have many memories of my first trip to Disney World as I was only 5!

However, I do have a strong memory of riding the Cable cars (skyway I think it was called) with my Mom, Brother and late dad.

It was a yellow bucket type cable car and I remember looking at the Castle and being amazed by it all.

I would love to re-live that memory!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast