Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Disney's Coronado Springs and Convention Resort -The complete Guide

Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful resort for sure, especially at night.

We found the buses were problematic and took ages to get to some places.

The "food court" was as Uscwest mentions, a mixed experience for us also. Much more variety than other Disney resorts, great to wander round but operated at the time we went by an outside company which had a negative effect on the customer service we experienced. A tip was added automatically but all the server did was get a couple of drinks, and reluctantly at that. At one point they had one of their staff "guarding" a way out to make sure everyone came and went via the checkout desks and the staff member was particularly rude.

Hopefully that's all changed but I certainly prefer port orleans
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 314891
    Beautiful resort for sure, especially at night.

We found the buses were problematic and took ages to get to some places.

The "food court" was as Uscwest mentions, a mixed experience for us also. Much more variety than other Disney resorts, great to wander round but operated at the time we went by an outside company which had a negative effect on the customer service we experienced. A tip was added automatically but all the server did was get a couple of drinks, and reluctantly at that. At one point they had one of their staff "guarding" a way out to make sure everyone came and went via the checkout desks and the staff member was particularly rude.

Hopefully that's all changed but I certainly prefer port orleans
    Pretty much sums up the food court for me. It was still the same last september when we went.

The buses were (I'm going to say it) awful from here. They skipped stops many times when we were on the bus and when we were waiting for it.

They often paired buses up so for example a bus would call at the studios and Epcot but would only say Epcot on the front. It wasn't until the second week when we asked a driver where the buses were for the studios did he say that a direct bus only leaves every 45mins approx.

The staff at both the reception and also in the food court (as mentioned) gave the impression it was a hassle to help anyone.

I really hate being negative I really do but I think that it needs to be added so that people can make a balanced decision whether to go here.

Given the many hotels there are to try at Disney world I don't think we will be stopping there anytime soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Oreo, post: 314901
    I really hate being negative I really do but I think that it needs to be added so that people can make a balanced decision whether to go here.
    me too but I agree, if this is to be the one thread someone intending to stay at a resort reads, they should have the bad as well as the good so as to make an informed decision
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Britchick, post: 314834
    Well at OKW the buses are frequent
    Sadly, the service was awful when we were at OKW. Maybe it was just a bad season..

Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 314856
    I've stayed here and I really enjoyed it. I absolutely loved the food at Pepper Market. The variety was awesome. I liked that they had a small snack area open late, which helped when coming back from the parks late. The buses were frequent and hardly full. I would definitely stay again.
    I agree. We found their bus service to be the best so far. We loved the Pepper Market. Also, the CMs at this resort were all very friendly and helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarkkent, post: 314888
    We've stayed there twice and loved it both times. We don't mind the walk to the room as it gives you a chance to admire the scenery, especially at night when it's all lit up.
    We've stayed there twice too. The walk around the lake is beautiful at night, isn't it?
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    I've always found the transportation to be terrific at CSR. 17 trips and counting.

CSR is centrally located, you'll have a quick ride to all the parks. And being a convention resort, the buses seem less crowded because guests are busy with their conventions.

CSR is the most central to the 3 parks. The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World in part three "Selecting your Hotel" it states that the commuting times to the parks from CSR are: 7:30 to MK; 4:00 to Epcot; 4:45 to MGM; and 4:45 to Animal Kingdom! As a comparison from POR it is 12:00 to MK; 8:00 to Epcot; 12:30 to MGM; and 16:15 to AK. See the map below.

[ATTACH]15573.vB[/ATTACH]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by buzz2001
    As a comparison from POR it is 12:00 to MK; 8:00 to Epcot; 12:30 to MGM; and 16:15 to AK. See the map below.
    The 12 minutes to MK from POR is actually misleading and is because of the route that the buses take. They could easily make MK in 4-5 minutes if they went in past Ft. Wilderness.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Could being the operative word. I don't think I've been on any bus to any location that's taken any less than 10 mins.

Post Thanks / Like
    It certainly isn't my favourite resort. We stayed there a few years ago and to be honest, I would have rather stayed at any one of the All Stars. It is a very spread out resort, but there were things we liked. The main pool is lovely and the kids certainly loved it. We found the transport very good while we were there. We just exited our room, went down the steps and were there in a minute. The buses were never crowded. The gelatos at Cafe Rix were fantastic too - our server told us that they were made on site every day.
    We quite liked the Pepper Market but the staff (common complaint amongst people I know who have stayed there) were very surly. However, I would rather have had a straight forward walk in, serve yourself and pay type of set up.
    The walking, oh my goodness, the walking ...... I did not like it one bit in the heat.
    On the next trip we stayed at POFQ and what a difference! We all loved the size of the resort, the theming and the friendliness. It did not matter one iota that we didnt have the same dining options. We liked them and in any case most of our eating was done away from the hotel.
    Will we ever go back to CSR? No. It would not be a choice again. However we may nip over there this year for some Mexican food and an ice cream.

Mags

Post Thanks / Like
    Reading this makes me very nervous and I'm questioning my decision for my boyfriends and my first Disney trip in October. It took a long time to narrow it down and decide to stay at CSR and after reading some of these comments, I'm nervous. We know the resort is very large, but is getting around really that difficult? We arrive on a Monday & leave on Friday.. I hope we don't have a miserable time, he'll never want to go back if we do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Britt, post: 314991
    Reading this makes me very nervous and I'm questioning my decision for my boyfriends and my first Disney trip in October. It took a long time to narrow it down and decide to stay at CSR and after reading some of these comments, I'm nervous. We know the resort is very large, but is getting around really that difficult? We arrive on a Monday & leave on Friday.. I hope we don't have a miserable time, he'll never want to go back if we do.

Miss Britt, you will not have a miserable time. It is like most resorts in that views are very mixed. Of all the values, Pop is probably one of the most popular. We hated it with a passion, yet only one other person I know disliked it. I loved POFQ yet another friend moved out after 2 days and transferred to ASMu because she didnt like it.
    It was a very personal thing for us. The resort is big, yet look what we have done - gone and booked OKW for this year! It is a beautiful resort and the convention centre crowd do not get in the way. It just didnt tick all the boxes for us, that is all. Nothing more, nothing less.

Mags

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast