Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pixie dust ...PLEASE!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh my gosh!! How absolutely terrifying! Please stay safe. That water can be very dangerous, even if it doesn't seem like it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks everyone

My MIL is safe with my SIL ( ya know how sometimes in laws just drive you nuts ;) ), but my gosh it is such a mess. With the water going down a little I think it is ever more frightening. [ATTACH]15567.vB[/ATTACH][ATTACH]15568.vB[/ATTACH][ATTACH]15569.vB[/ATTACH][ATTACH]15570.vB[/ATTACH][ATTACH]15571.vB[/ATTACH]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Shelly I'm so very sorry. Hope things clear up for you over the weekend.

DLP The Disneyland Hotel
    1998 Wilderness Lodge
    1999 Off site
    2000 Caribbean Beach
    2001 Coronado Springs
    2003 Beach Club
    2005 Beach Club
    2007 Beach Club
    2009 Beach Club
    2012 Beach Club
    2014 Beach Club Concierge

Post Thanks / Like
    Oreo, don't feel bad. I'm in this country and we've not heard ONE WORD about this!

Shelly, it is very hard to see the destruction and chaos left by the flooding. You know I have relatives there, and am very familiar with the entire Mohawk Valley.

My relatives have sustained flood damage to their garage (everything lost) one car, and their camper. The flood water came just to the first floor (through the basement) but did not breach into the living area so we are focusing on being happy about that. Who knows when they will have power or safe water. :(

Keep yourself and your beautiful children safe. I wish pixie dust could do more than offer emotional comfort.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so sorry your going though this Shelley, we've had no news here in the UK about the flooding.
    I really hope it stops raining soon and you can start to get your lives back to normal again. Sending you lots of pixie dust.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 315005
    Oreo, don't feel bad. I'm in this country and we've not heard ONE WORD about this!

Shelly, it is very hard to see the destruction and chaos left by the flooding. You know I have relatives there, and am very familiar with the entire Mohawk Valley.

My relatives have sustained flood damage to their garage (everything lost) one car, and their camper. The flood water came just to the first floor (through the basement) but did not breach into the living area so we are focusing on being happy about that. Who knows when they will have power or safe water. :(

Keep yourself and your beautiful children safe. I wish pixie dust could do more than offer emotional comfort.

We are safe and, trust me, that is something we are very thankful for! The likes of this is something this area has never seen before and I think that many just don't know what to do. Some places are like ours where one side of the street was fine and the other side was destroyed. So strange. The area is coming together as best we can to help and agencies are out in force trying to keep things in order and get people what help they need right away.

Tink, if your family needs any help, please let me know. Drew and I have been trying to do what we can!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh my goodness, Im sorry that you are going through all of this. I haven't heard anything about it either. What a mess. Please stay safe.

Mags

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh no Shelly! I'm glad that your family is safe.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Shelly, thank you so much for your kind offer. I know they are cleaning up the mess on their property and in their home. I do believe they have help. Just be certain to keep safe, eh? Such utter destruction in some areas is mind boggling. I never fully realized just how much damage a flood could do, like the broken up and torn roadways. :(

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think any of us fully realized how powerful water can be!! To see things torn apart like they were children's toys and the huge craters that were left behind is hard to wrap your mind around. There was a large section of sidewalk near my MIL's house that looked perfectly in tact, but there was nothing under it!! It had all been washed away

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast