Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pixie dust ...PLEASE!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I wish this rain would move off the East Coast and go out to the West. They have had terrible fires in Colorado and now Arizona that cost 19 firefighters their lives yesterday.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, Shelly. Those photos bring back memories from our area not so long ago (and our beloved Vermont after Irene visited...). Sending oh so much pixiedust your way and hoping that you and yours, and everyone in that area (including your family, Tink), remain safe. I had no idea that rain had caused so much destruction. We live only hours away, and have heard little to nothing about how horrible this is!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 315054
    I wish this rain would move off the East Coast and go out to the West. They have had terrible fires in Colorado and now Arizona that cost 19 firefighters their lives yesterday.
    I agree!! We are once again under flash flood warnings due to another storm coming in. I would gladly pass it along to keep the people in Colorado and Arizona safe :(

Post Thanks / Like
    It is pouring here and has been for the better part of the day. Every road in the county is basically closed. No travel anywhere. With the rain/flooding from Friday doing so much damage, the rain coming now is free to just flow over roads and everything else without anything to hold it back. It is ugly already and they are taking people out of homes in some areas as we speak.

It makes you want to be sick to see all of the personal items that were on the side of the road after people cleaned out their basements/first floors over the weekend to now be floating once again. All the mud that was shoveled out, is now filling back up. It is scary, honestly. We just put the kids to bed and we are left wondering what we would do if we needed to leave. With everything such a mess, I don't even know where we would go.

I hope it stops raining soon..we are just watching the water in the basement..

Post Thanks / Like
    Just checking in on you and yours today, Shelly...any sign of relief?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 315142
    Just checking in on you and yours today, Shelly...any sign of relief?
    We are still going strong! For us it is still just some water in the basement, which is amazing considering all the carnage around us. No relief in sight, they are saying heavy rains and thunder storms until Friday :(

We are still not a disaster area (which I don't understand), so even though FEMA and other agencies are here, there isn't anything they can do until the President gives the go ahead. Last night they had to evacuate the Walmart because the levy nearby was starting to fail. Between Walmart being closed and no Dunkin Donuts coffee due to the boil water advisory, people are in disaster mode You have to laugh, right?

Our road crews around here typically get next to nothing done in a summer season, so I have no idea what they are going to be able to accomplish before winter hits. The mess with the roads and sidewalks is just beyond anything I've ever seen.

Post Thanks / Like
    My relatives are struggling. I spoke to them this morning. Lots of tears shared between us. They just keep going, just keep trying to clean up the mess. Bucket after bucket of mud being hauled out of their home. All their duct work has to be pulled out and replaced, as does their furnace, hot water heater, all the memories they had stored in their "protected area" of the basement... car lost, camper (new one) total loss, new garage damaged, all the contents ruined if not totally gone. As they said, how can you rebuild without any tools. They've all be swept away, or the vast majority of them...

Heartsick doesn't even begin to describe it.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 315146
    My relatives are struggling. I spoke to them this morning. Lots of tears shared between us. They just keep going, just keep trying to clean up the mess. Bucket after bucket of mud being hauled out of their home. All their duct work has to be pulled out and replaced, as does their furnace, hot water heater, all the memories they had stored in their "protected area" of the basement... car lost, camper (new one) total loss, new garage damaged, all the contents ruined if not totally gone. As they said, how can you rebuild without any tools. They've all be swept away, or the vast majority of them...

Tink, I am SO sorry to hear this. Many hugs and much pixie dust for you and your family.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Stay safe Shelly, I really hope it stops raining soon

Tink, I can't even begin to imagine how they are feeling, my heart goes out to them it really does The worst part for me would be losing all the keepsakes and memories, you can replace furniture etc but your memories can't be. Hopefully there will be others in the family who can let them have some copies of the memories they have

Sending lots of love and thoughts their way. I've asked Dad to keep and eye on them and keep them safe

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 315146

Sorry doesn't begin to cover it. It seems like the more we do, the more rain comes and everything is undone. Such a sad time.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast