Disney Cruise Line was recognized as the No. 1 Mega-Ship Cruise Line in Travel + Leisure World’s Best Awards for Families 2013, making it the fifth consecutive year to be ranked in the top spot. The World’s Best Awards for Families winners were selected by Travel + Leisure readers who participated in a survey and rated cruise ships on how well they cater to families.
“We are honored that the readers of Travel + Leisure have recognized Disney Cruise Line as the ‘World’s Best’ for families,” said Karl Holz, president of Disney Cruise Line. “We are fortunate to be in the business of delivering memories that endure for a lifetime for families around the globe. Our focus on creativity, storytelling and innovation enables our cast and crew members to deliver a unique and memorable experience at sea.”
Disney Cruise Line pioneered the family market in the cruise industry, providing a unique vacation experience where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all Disney has to offer. Now with four ships in the fleet, including the recently launched Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy, guests can sail to more destinations with Disney than ever before, including Greece, Sicily, Spain and Grenada, as well as first-ever Venice and San Juan departures in 2014.
Disney Cruise Line is committed to reinvesting in the fleet and continuously making shipboard enhancements that elevate the guest experience. The “reimagineering” of the Disney Magic this fall is yet another step forward in the commitment to delivering the absolute best family vacations at sea. Highlights of new “magic” in store for guests aboard the Disney Magic include:
- A spectacular three deck lobby redesign
- Reimagined children’s areas, including Super Hero icons of Marvel for the first time
- The new water thrill rides AquaDunk, a three-story body slide that begins with a surprise launch, the Twist n’ Spout water slide and splashtacular children’s water play areas
- New restaurants and new technology to surprise guests, such as “Drawn to Magic” at Animator’s Palate
- An all-new line up of nighttime fun for adults at the entertainment district After Hours
- The enhanced Senses Spa & Salon
Disney Cruise Line has received more than 100 distinguished awards and recognitions from the travel industry since first setting sail in 1998. These awards have included all aspects of the operation from dining and entertainment, to youth activities and spa facilities.