June 2013 was an exciting month filled with new beginnings for Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex with the June 29 grand opening of Space Shuttle Atlantis, the world’s most comprehensive and interactive attraction devoted to NASA’s 30-year Space Shuttle Program.
Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex also launched a new website at www.KennedySpaceCenter.com.
A visually engaging and easy-to-navigate online portal for people interested in learning more about – and purchasing tickets to – Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex, the new website boasts an innovative design that creates an interactive and engaging experience for the user.
New website features include:
- Vivid imagery to give an insider’s view of the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex and its many immersive attractions and interactive exhibits.
- A timeline to educate visitors on historic and modern-day space milestones and connect them to exhibits at Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex.
- Illustrative maps that help visitors find Space Shuttle Atlantis, the Kennedy Space Center Bus Tour to the Apollo/Saturn V Center, Angry Birds Space Encounter and other exhibits throughout the visitor complex.
- Intuitive navigation that carries through in the site’s new search and ticket-purchase functions.
- Quick and simple access to Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex’s social media channels.
- Use and leverage of responsive Web design to captivate audience members with various screen-size resolutions.
- Separate layout for a customized mobile experience.
“We are excited to launch our new website in conjunction with the grand opening of the Space Shuttle Atlantis attraction at the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex,” said Bill Moore, chief operating officer of the Visitor Complex. “Just as with our new Space Shuttle Atlantis attraction, we wanted our website to be a completely immersive experience for our guests. The new design creates an interactive and engaging experience for users, helping bring to life the epic story of the U.S. space program and the many fun and educational activities we offer.”