Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I saw the Consultant today

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Britchick, post: 315369
    i must admit i was thinking the same. I would take the Physio's advice personnally Also, have you spoken to your insurance company about it?
    Julie do you think the end of July would be too soon we fly on the 30th August. I'm guessing my Physio would be able to do the injections for me if it is done in August, I just thought the consultant would be better and more likely to "hit" the spot, so to speak

I haven't got my insurance sorted out yet, I did a quote a few days ago so I will have to phone them and ask if there is any difference in cost.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm thinking a month maybe too long as you want the maximum benefit. I'm a bit concerned that if something were to go wrong then the day before is a bit too close to your holiday to get it sorted. 99.9% chance it won't but if it were me I'd want a little more time and I'm guessing that's what your GP is thinking too. The person I would take advice from is the Physio, I would want the person that does it the most often to do mine and obviously we don't know that, but you can ask. If you decide to go with the consultant you could always try the I've changed my dates so could you fit me in on this date. No reason to upset anyone ;)

Post Thanks / Like
    The reason the consultant can't do it in August is because he is on holiday for 4 weeks and he only goes back to work 2 days before we go on holiday I'll have to see what Fay says later when I go to see her, I must admit I'm leaning more towards her doing it.

You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I agree with your GP. I would have thought 1-2 weeks before would be best. Definitely ask your physio about this.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    If she is experienced then there should be no problem

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm, now you've brought it up I think the GP is right....and come to think of it I think with Mum sometimes it gets worse before it gets better, not every time though, and she doesn't tell us unless we realise. I'm interested to know if your Physio can do it for you Wendy, as mum only ever has the consultant do hers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 315273
    Thanks John, have you seen the price of them it would cost a small fortune for 4 weeks.

If I can't do as much as I usually do then that's ok, at least I will be in the warm, I could sit for hours in Worldshowase watching the world go by
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 315283
    Well that's good to know Tink, thank you

I've been thinking of getting Chris to tell me to have the injections and then if they don't work or go wrong it will be his fault

I meant canes, you know I had just one last year - Chris and my little man were being told off for walking in front of me well I have two at the moment which are matching, Chris has offered to stick Disney stickers on them for me, but I declined

We will have an SUV so there will be plenty of room, but it probably wouldn't do Chris any good to keep lifting it in and out. I was thinking if we were at a park and I was desperate then I'd just spend the $50 or whatever it is a day to rent one from Disney.
    Wendy, as mentioned the scooters are MUCH cheaper if you order from an off site location. They will deliver to and pick up from you. The scooters break down quite easily for carry in your vehicle so that Chris would not be lifting the whole scooter, just pieces. They easily reassemble and the company that you rent from will show you how to do it I've seen folks put one together and/or break it down in less than 5 minutes.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Well after seeing my physio she has said that if she was doing it she would inject 2 weeks before the holiday. She thinks that the only reason the consultant has said a the day before our holiday is because he will be away.

She also said that having the injections at the end of July would be fine if I want the consultant to do it or she could so it 2 weeks before.

So decisions decisions I'm supposing that the consultant will be more experienced but Fay my physio has been giving injections for 20+ years.

All I know is nothing is ever simple when it comes to me

What would you do if you were in my position?

Post Thanks / Like
    20 years is a lot of experience, it sounds like you're in good hands with both. You have to make that decision I'm afraid- it's good that it will last quite a while though

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 315431
    Well after seeing my physio she has said that if she was doing it she would inject 2 weeks before the holiday. She thinks that the only reason the consultant has said a the day before our holiday is because he will be away.

She also said that having the injections at the end of July would be fine if I want the consultant to do it or she could so it 2 weeks before.

So decisions decisions I'm supposing that the consultant will be more experienced but Fay my physio has been giving injections for 20+ years.

All I know is nothing is ever simple when it comes to me

What would you do if you were in my position?

Post Thanks / Like
    So given her experience and the fact she either she or the consultant can give the injections, is it the period of time from having them 'til you leave that you need to decide on? Did your physio give any advice on that?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast