Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I saw the Consultant today

Post Thanks / Like
    I had my appointment with the consultant this morning and he was disappointed that the operation to my right knee wasn't as successful as he'd hoped. He examined my left knee and said that it might benefit from an arthroscopy but that it is stage 4 so I might have the operation and nothing will change. He's left it to me to make the decision.

I also told him how worried I was about our holiday this year and he has said that he will give me a steriod injection in both knees the day before we leave, (I did make him laugh because I said Chris would have to wait outside otherwise he would probably pass out as he hates needles ) He said that it will reduce the inflamation and as I haven't had one before it will probably give me relief for a little while. He doesn't think it will be long time relief, but it should be long enough for the holiday.

So that's something to look forward to an injection in each knee the day before we leave for Gatwick

it will work and I can have a partly pain free holiday. We are both looking forward to it soooo much and it would be a lot less stressful without 2 sticks.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Wendy, I do hope everything goes ok for you and what a difficult decision for you to make. An injection in each knee, ouch! but if it means you can still go on holiday then it willl be worth it

DLP The Disneyland Hotel
    1998 Wilderness Lodge
    1999 Off site
    2000 Caribbean Beach
    2001 Coronado Springs
    2003 Beach Club
    2005 Beach Club
    2007 Beach Club
    2009 Beach Club
    2012 Beach Club
    2014 Beach Club Concierge

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, right now your holiday is the important thing. Have the injections then go and have a wonderful holiday.
    Save any further decisions until you get back.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, definitely an ice cream cone afterwards! You will deserve it. A little bit of pain for a good vacation. Sounds like a good trade off. :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Hang in there I pray that a few moments of ouchies will give you the holiday that you have dreamed of!! I can't think of anyone who deserves it more than you!

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hope the injections will help and also the DISNEY MAGIC and the FLORIDA sunshine will make a difference

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah, Wendy, that's good that there is something that can get you through the holiday! And a lovely break may give you a clearer head to make the further decisions when you get back

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all

The Florida heat normally helps to ease the pain, it sounds silly but it's true, I'm never in as much pain over there as I am at home. I have tried to convince Chris to move but he's not having any of it The pool is good as well, so the mixture of them both really helps.

So if the injections reduce the inflamation so that the pain isn't so severe I will be over the moon, I really will. I can't say I'm looking forward to having them but as they say, no gain without pain

I wish it was a week before we flew but he's on holiday and isn't back until the last week in August.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    I will be keeping everything crossed that they work for you

I am available if you need me to come and carry your bags for you

Nicki

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry that things weren't quite as successful as you had hoped for Wendy. Hopefully the injections will help. It just isn't fair. x

Mags

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast