Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: iPhone 4 or the new 5

Post Thanks / Like
    I will be upgrading my phone in about a month. I have had Droid phones very quite a few years, but now with having an iMac and an iPad I'm thinking it would be nice to have an iPhone. They have good deals for the 4, but would it be better to get the 5?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 315616
    I will be upgrading my phone in about a month. I have had Droid phones very quite a few years, but now with having an iMac and an iPad I'm thinking it would be nice to have an iPhone. They have good deals for the 4, but would it be better to get the 5?
    That's quite hard :/ in general it's usually better to go for the newer device for resale value and sometimes newer features are only available on the newer handsets.

The 5 is a bit of a weird one because to be honest, there's not much newer/better about it and some people consider it worse in terms of shape/batterylife etc.

Then of course in september we all expect a 5s to come out ... which again we dont really expect to be amazing.

So whatever you do in august, you're likely to get a better deal by waiting till sep/oct. If you want the latest, you'll be able to trade for a 5s. If you want a 5 it'll be cheaper and a 4s will be cheaper still.

Not sure that really helps but I guess you could go try both the 4(or4s) and the 5.. see what you think? If you dont like the 5 but DO like the 4 and can get a brill deal then perhaps that's the way to go? If you prefer the 5, then you really do need to wait until sep/oct :/
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd say go for a 4S, the battery life on my 5 is shocking

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd probably vote for the 4S also. I've still got a 4 but I've looked at the 5 and can't see anything there I can't live without.

For me, the real reason to upgrade is always the availability of the latest IOS on the device. When they come out with a new version of IOS that isn't supported on my current device, that's when I start thinking about upgrading. The 4, 4S and 5 are all still on the same IOS versions. When my 4 falls off that list, then I'll think about upgrading.

Tom (... software driven...)

Post Thanks / Like
    This is really interesting.

I have a 4 and due an upgrade soon.

Have thought about an android and still I can't decide.

The iphone 4 I must say has been fantastic for me, and has never let me down so I am tempted to stick with iphone.

My only gripe is the battery life and if the 5 is worse then I'm tempted to move away from the iphone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks everyone for you input! I just can't believe how much a decision this has become. I think I put more effort into finding a new phone that I would finding an apartment.

Post Thanks / Like
    See I'm tempted to go with a galaxy s4 or something but I find them more difficult to use so I'm going to stick with my 5. I only got a year contract so will be swapping over to giffgaff as soon as its ended.

You might be able to tempt me with an iwatch... As that is what i need for the gym

Post Thanks / Like
    Personally I'd go for a great deal on the 4s over paying more for a five. If you waited until the 5s, and went with a 5 then I'd also recommend white as the black edging on mine has been scratched to bits and that is just from the case!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I was a total iPhone person until I discovered the S3. Now I'd never go back to iPhone.

Post Thanks / Like
    NOt long until I am due an upgrade. Really really tempted by the HTC one. Does anyone have one of those?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast