Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Guess I should do a pre-trip thing

Post Thanks / Like
    It's less than 5 weeks now.

In fact, this time in 5 weeks I plan to be sat in Joe's Crab Shack extracting meat from shell. :D

So it's been 3 years. I still haven't finished the trip report from last time. I am still working on it but time is precious. I was kind of hoping to finish it before the next trip came around but... well I haven't.

Anyway we're off again. Some veterans and a very gullible first timer.

Cast:
    Me: yadda, yadda yadda
    Adrian: still won't eat dressing on salad, still doesn't like getting lost, still doesn't get enthusiastic
    Steven: 10 now and this will be his third trip. Looking forward to riding the Despicable Me attraction and loading up on minions.
    Nanny Lesley: my mum, old enough to know better, her 4th trip.

And introducing....*fanfare*

Grandma!

Adrian's mum, aka mother in law.
    Actually, despite them being right wing conservatives who read the Daily Mail it was my idea to invite Adrian's parents to come with us. Carpe Diem. That is all. They've never been on holiday with us and as they live 6 hours away we don't see them very often. Steven is, and will be, their only grandchild. So I shall just take deep breaths if she starts. Adrian's dad declined the offer as he won't leave their dog. Bit like my dad. Grandma has never been to America and is very gullible. I can't wait.

So 5 of us going. We are staying here - www.amickeyadventure.com I want the pirate bedroom. Steven says he is having the master suite with the balcony. We shall see. I have promised Tink not to go out on to the jetty in bare feet and not to dangle anything in the water. We tried to get the villa we stayed in last time but that was already booked :( so we looked around and found one in the same complex. We loved the location. Just 5 minutes from Serbeth Road.

We have flights with Virgin Atlantic and some kind of 7 seater car with EVERYTHING pre paid. I can't wait to deal with the guy who tries to sell me extra insurance.

I have done the ESTAs and bought lots of dollars. Steven has been saving again and amassed a tidy sum for the Lego shop and building yet another light saber. Apparently I'm buying all the minions he is planning to buy.

He also says he will wear his minion goggles through airport security.

Night before staying at the Premier Inn at Gatwick. Meet and greet parking booked with the same company as last time. I think that's all the nuts and bolts part.

We have 14 day passes for WDW and Universal so can come and go as we please. The itinerary is loose and based around 3 restaurant bookings.

Flying Sat 17th August.

18th - traditional first morning breakfast at Perkins before introducing Grandma to the wonder that is Walmart. Then a bit of DTD and Joe's Crab Shack for dinner.

19th - 7.35am ADR Ohana then Magic Kingdom would be logical.

20th - somewhere

21st - somewhere

22nd - Islands of Adventure - I spontaneously booked lunch at Mythos for this day.

23rd - somewhere

24th - middle Saturday - Winter Garden Village at some point and something else

25th and 26th - somewhere

27th - probably a water park in the morning and then we are hosting a tacky gift soiree at the villa in the afternoon

28th and 29th - somewhere

30th - Magic Kingdom, dinner at 1900 Park Fare at 7pm

31st - home :(

What else do you want to know?

Post Thanks / Like
    I love your 'somewhere'.

Post Thanks / Like
    We'll probably decide the night before.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is your villa located at the Sandy Ridge complex Dawn?
    The exterior shots look very much like where our place is located and the map shows it in approx. the same area.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's The Reserve at Town Center resort. Off of Old Lake Wilson Road. Just past the Publix lights and left at the white picket fence.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 316117
    It's The Reserve at Town Center resort. Off of Old Lake Wilson Road. Just past the Publix lights and left at the white picket fence.
    You are our neighbours then.
    If you were to turn left at the Old Lake Wilson lights and travel on Osceola for around a mile or so towards Kissimmee, Sandy Ridge is on your right.
    [Nice choice of location BTW ]

Post Thanks / Like
    Ahhhh that wonderful publix chicken sigh
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 316118
    [Nice choice of location BTW ]
    Isn't it awesome!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 316114
    We'll probably decide the night before.
    We often decide according to which bus shows up ;)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 316119
    Ahhhh that wonderful publix chicken sigh
    Not to mention the Philly Cheese sandwiches from the deli....Boars Head meat of course.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast