Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Universal - Rumours

Post Thanks / Like
    Listening to a podcast yesterday and caught a guest on one of them by the name of Jim Hill. Iíve read a lot of his stuff and he seems to know his stuff.</SPAN>

He was saying there are various rumours within Universal and thought Iíd share them to see what you guys think.</SPAN>

Toon Lagoon is to be replaced with a new land themed to the Lord of the rings. </SPAN>

ET in Universal Studios is set to close and be re-themed into a Smurfs attraction. </SPAN>

Disaster is to have a major re-theme also but didnít go into the detail of what was going there. </SPAN>

He also believes that Universal Studios third park will be sooner rather than later. </SPAN>

I think these are some interesting developments and it keeps things fresh.</SPAN>

He also said that Disney were concerned with the level of international visitors who were going to Universal rather than Disney and that is why we are seeing lots of Free Dining offers. </SPAN>

I wonder if we will see a response from Disney in terms of new areas/attractions.</SPAN>

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting that Disney would balance free dining with the lure of new attractions and exciting developments at US/IOA. Hmmmm...

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.Ē ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Doesn't surprise me one bit.

Still waiting a proper response for Harry Potter.

He made a good point about how Universal are fairly quick with there developments whereas Disney like to take their time.

I'll be honest I am considering staying off property for a night at Universal next year. It's becoming a very big draw!

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it would be a good thing to do, since it's interesting to you. I/we are not US/IOA fans, but the little guy is doing the "Harry Potter" dance so we may end up visiting there again, at some point.

I don't have any real complaint about US, it's just not our vibe, if that makes any sense?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.Ē ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Hold tight, just moving this over to News and Rumors

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 316265
    I think it would be a good thing to do, since it's interesting to you. I/we are not US/IOA fans, but the little guy is doing the "Harry Potter" dance so we may end up visiting there again, at some point.

I don't have any real complaint about US, it's just not our vibe, if that makes any sense?
    As a stroppy teenager I hated Universal. All I wanted to do was go to Disney. I didn't like the rides at Universal and I'm not a huge coaster nut. So Disney was about my level.

As i've got older I have grown to like Universal to the point now where I am happy to spend three days away from Disney to visit.

I really feel that they are leaving Disney behind at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 316281
    Hold tight, just moving this over to News and Rumors
    Sorry that's my fault. Apologies!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Oreo, post: 316288
    Sorry that's my fault. Apologies!

No need to say sorry, I do it all the time but I move it before anyone realises

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yay to the new park; I would be very interested to see what they do with that.
    It would be sad to see Toon Lagoon go, because I love the theming, it's very cute, but there really isn't anything we ride there. It's more of a walkthrough area for us.
    The thing I REALLY disagree with is changing E.T. to Smurfs. I mean, REALLY? I can't believe they even got clearance to make a second Smurfs movie, let alone that they would take the second most iconic Universal attraction (the first one being Jaws, which is already gone) and replace it with something only marginally liked/successful just so they can say they have an "all-new attraction" is pretty sad.

There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island. -- Walter Elias Disney

Post Thanks / Like
    It was interesting listen. It was on the Dis after dark podcast.

Jim Hill reckoned that they needed something to appeal to the international audience and looking at the figures the film has made nearly $564m worldwide so it's quite a valuble film for Universal to use.

Aparently the queue area will remain very much the same, however it'll be the ride that changes a little. Although the main layout will remain the same I believe.

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    I also heard universal had purchased land near WET AND WILD

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast