Thread: Crowds in October

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi we have decided to go to wdw in October 2014. We haven't been this time of year before, are the parks busy?'

thanks
    kate. Xx

1999- Orlando villa holiday
    2000- Orlando villa holiday and married at lake toho.
    2011 - animal kingdom lodge club, first trip for our son age 3
    2014-planning stages.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's a beautiful time of year to go.

The parks will have periods of being quite busy with Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween part at the MK, and the Food and Wine Festival at EPCOT. The FWF is VERY busy at the weekend, so go during the week when it is much quieter.

Generally, those special events are held at that time of year because it tends to be slower than other times of the year.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    One of my favorite times to go. For the most part crowds will be minimal except for the times Tink mentions above.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not really sure there are what I would call minimal crowds any longer. We've been down for F&W the last 3 years and were also there in February this year and all of the parks were quite busy. Certainly not Christmas/New Years, Spring Break/Easter,or July/August busy but busy enough that we had to wait longer than we usually would for some of the ride/attractions. All that said however, October is a great time to go. As Tink mentioned, stay away from EPCOT on the weekend.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    We have always gone in October and we love it. This year is our first try at something different.

The weather is usually perfect. In the 80's during the day and 70's in the evening. It has always been warm enough to jump in the pool before bed

The crowds depend on Columbus day, we have found. Leading up to the holiday things got quite a bit more crowded (wait times around 30-45 minutes), but on Tuesday after the holiday things dropped right off again. Our wait times have always been more like 15-20 minutes for most rides. Our last trip we were able to walk onto Buzz Lightyear and PoC. All in all you should be pretty happy with you choice

Post Thanks / Like
    Never been at that time, but would imagine that the weather may be the best of the whole year. That is if you don't get slammed by the odd late season hurricane. Gotta love the fall.

Post Thanks / Like
    We have the 18-24 planned to attend. I'm hoping it's not awful with FWF and MNSSHP.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 316710
    I'm not really sure there are what I would call minimal crowds any longer. We've been down for F&W the last 3 years and were also there in February this year and all of the parks were quite busy. Certainly not Christmas/New Years, Spring Break/Easter,or July/August busy but busy enough that we had to wait longer than we usually would for some of the ride/attractions. All that said however, October is a great time to go. As Tink mentioned, stay away from EPCOT on the weekend.
    This is exactly right. The parks are all busy and there really is no slow time any longer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mandyloowho, post: 318005
    We have the 18-24 planned to attend. I'm hoping it's not awful with FWF and MNSSHP.
    If you stay away from EPCOT (F&W) on the weekends you should be OK. MNSSHP is a separate ticket that takes place only on select nights. That shouldn't bother you during the day time.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix