Thread: Imagination Pavilion Rumors

Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone heard the rumors about the Imagination Pavilion changes? I'm seeing that it's "all but official" that the Imagination Pavilion at Epcot will be closing in January 2014. They are saying that Captain EO will be removed completely and that the Imagination Ride will be closed for a year for an "extensive renovation". The rumor is that something Phineas & Ferb-themed will be going in, but many are hoping the ride will be refurbished to its original form.

I am totally okay with Captain EO going away. I always thought that was boring.

I hated the "new" Journey Into Imagination, and I would love them to bring back the original, as they have recently done with the Enchanted Tiki Room. (Fans made enough noise, and they switched it back to the original.) That would be my first choice. I love me some Figment. But if they do decide to completely get rid of the Figment ride (I will cry), but I think they could do a lot worse than a Phineas & Ferb attraction. P&F have become a pretty serious commodity in the Disney universe, and I think they can be thought of as "new classic" characters. Plus, they completely embody what the Imagination Pavilion is about.

What do you guys think about the rumors?

There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island. -- Walter Elias Disney

Post Thanks / Like
    I also heard it's likely to become a P&F attraction too :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Since I have no idea who Phoebe and Furby are and I'm a big fan of Future World of the Past (ha, that sounds funny), I would prefer Jounrney Into Imagination coming back in classic form with Dreamfinder and Figment.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    This is the first time I have heard this rumour.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    I have heard it was closing for a few years.

I have to say I love it! Its one of my favorites. I do remember the oroginal version and liked it more, but I still find the "new" which is actually very dated version.

It reminds me of my childhood, love the imagination song and think the labs could be very fun, if they worked.

I think they could do some sort of refurbishment to get more working stuff in it, like they did with the Living Seas, which was pretty boring for the longest time.

I will be very sad if Figment goes :( Its one of the few places where little ones can go on a funny, different ride without waiting in line for an hour.

As for Captain EO, its like 381947 years old, and 3D movies are everywhere now, so it jas lost its wow factor in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mari, post: 316748
    As for Captain EO, its like 381947 years old, and 3D movies are everywhere now, so it jas lost its wow factor in my opinion.
    Maybe they'll bring back Magic Journeys?

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]