Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Be Our Guest thumbs down

Post Thanks / Like
    We had an ADR for dinner at.Be Our Guest yesterday although it wasn't necessary as the wait time for walk ins was only 10 minutes and there were plenty of empty tables inside. I had been looking forward to this for ages.

We boy decided on the potato and leek soup which was pretty tasty although the smallest serving of soup we've ever had. A thumbs up.

I chose the chicken dish and hubby chose the pork disk. The sauce that the chicken came in was disgusting with a strong fish smell and taste. I couldn't eat it at all. I ate the Luke warm potatoes that came with it. The pork was pink. One hubby can eat a fairly rare beef steak but he couldn't eat rare pork! And of course we stupidly couldn't bring ourselves to complain which is our own fault. We just expect chicken and pork to always be cooked well.

Waitress didn't even ask why we had left our meals. We decided enough was enough and opted out of dessert.

Eighty dollars for a tiny bowl of soup was an expensive mistake but at least we tried the restaurant. I know others have eaten here and enjoyed it. This was just our experience.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m very sorry to hear about your bad experience at BOG Diane.

My DW and I had dinner there on our recent trip and it was heaving. Several folks arrived at the podium expecting to just walk in while we were waiting to check in for our ADR and all of them were turned away.
    Our experience was just the opposite to yours, although in my case I ordered the steak which I really enjoyed.

It did help though to be served by a CM who we requested on recommendation via Ricardo and she took really good care of us.

Post Thanks / Like
    Loved it there I must admit and hoping to go back in December!

Must admit though, I always find that US restaurants default to cooking meats less well than I would like. I ALWAYS have to ask for a better done piece at liberty tree tavern etc (which they always bring)
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 316703
    Loved it there I must admit and hoping to go back in December!

Must admit though, I always find that US restaurants default to cooking meats less well than I would like. I ALWAYS have to ask for a better done piece at liberty tree tavern etc (which they always bring)
    We will be eating there again in December. Now I am one of those that likes my steaks rare to medium-rare and I don't mind a bit of pink in my pork but if you order your steak or pork and you tell them you want it medium well or well done then by gosh it better come out that way or it is going back. I have never hesitated to send an overcooked piece of meat back and I certainly would not hesitate to send an undercooked piece back.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Which server do we want to be asking for then? ;)

Post Thanks / Like
    Shame, I had the pork and it was slightly pink but I like that but if I hadn't I would have sent it back. Our server was lovely too

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 316705
    but if you order your steak or pork and you tell them you want it medium well or well done then by gosh it better come out that way or it is going back. I have never hesitated to send an overcooked piece of meat back and I certainly would not hesitate to send an undercooked piece back.
    definitely! it should be done as requested and if not, it goes back.

It's something I do always tell my UK friends when they go to Orlando, default will be a little pink in the middle so if you don't want that, you need to be asking for medium-well or well (not just leaving them to decide or hoping medium wont have any pink)

I mentioned the liberty tree before, I was staggered when we first got a plate of beef I think it was from there and it was *REALLY* pink/red. We both sat there wondering if someone had asked for what we would consider rare, but looking around, everyone was getting similar. A quick word with the server and they came right back with what they called well done and I called UK medium or medium-well at best ;-)
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikki, post: 316712
    Which server do we want to be asking for then? ;)
    Kimberley is the one that we were told to ask for.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, I'll remember that :)

Post Thanks / Like
    You shouldn't eat undercooked pork it can make you seriously ill. Never pink.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast