Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Be Our Guest thumbs down

Post Thanks / Like
    I have an ADR for 8/25 and after looking at the menu I am guessing that we will be ordering 4 Steak Frites. My party consists of my 12 year old daughter who loves Beauty and the Beast. Are allowed to request a certain room and if so which one do suggest we choose?

off site- AUG 86 --- carribean beach JULY94
    all star movies JULY99- all star sports JULY00
    coronado JAN01---------all star sports AUG01
    all star music JULY02 ---All Star Movies Apr03
    POR JULY04 -------------Disneyland Hotel Aug 04
    Pop Century APR 05 -----Pop Century AuG 05
    Pop Century AUG 06-----Carribean beach Aug 07
    Pop Century Aug-08----- Pop Century Aug -09
    Pop Century Aug-11------Off Prop- Feb 12
    Caribbean Bch-Aug 12---Pop Century Aug 13
    Pop Dec 14---Pop Feb 15--Pop April 15

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BUTTERHEAD1, post: 316884
    Are allowed to request a certain room and if so which one do suggest we choose?
    We were seated in the main room and we have no complaints....it was nice to see the "snow" falling outside the windows.
    The smaller room with the mirror and rose is also nice although many folks drift into there after dinner in the main room for photographs etc. which may annoy some of the diners there [although this wasn`t the case on our visit].

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 316906
    The smaller room with the mirror and rose is also nice although many folks drift into there after dinner in the main room for photographs etc. which may annoy some of the diners there [although this wasn`t the case on our visit].
    I must admit, there were always people taking photos of the rose. Our table was at the opposite end of the room so perhaps it would have been an annoyance if we'd been sitting closer
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 316821
    they tend to hate allowing walk ins nowadays and deny them often when we can see lots of space in the restaurant itself.
    Which makes absolutely no sense to me. Why would you turn away a paying customer?

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFreak, post: 316914
    Why would you turn away a paying customer?
    Blame a lot of it on the various pesky dining plans and the need to make an ADR months in advance.
    A server that I know at one of the signature restaurants told me that they were told to not accept walk ins under any circumstances. One evening due to the numerous "no shows", half of the staff had nothing to do all evening even though folks had to be turned away at the podium....utterly crazy IMHO.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFreak, post: 316914
    Which makes absolutely no sense to me. Why would you turn away a paying customer?
    cos the CMs making the decision in the restaurant aren't pocketing the profits ;-) and would rather have a nice quiet life, easy to deal with 1/2 empty restaurant than working hard to manage a completely full one.

I've seen this happen time and time again.

Just a couple of examples ;-) looked at availability for the brown derby in May before we went to the park. bags of availability at any time in the afternoon. Walked into the restaurant, I'd say it was not even 1/3 full.... the lady behind the counter was telling everyone that they didnt accept walk ins. I said to her can we BOOK a table? "yes but only an hour in advance". I said come on , empty restaurant, this is really daft? so she called over her manager who looked at me like I'd asked her to turn water into wine, and said there would be NO walkins. I asked why when the restaurant was empty and she just said that was the policy. So I stood there, made a reservation an hour forward on my iphone and asked how early I could check in. They looked at me and said SHHHHH I'll get you checked in early in 30 mins as if it was the biggest favour.

sci-fi diner... I had a reservation, stood there and was being checked in. A load of people were being turned away.... as she led us into the restaurant I saw it was literally 1/2 empty. Not in ANY WAY packed and I Said wow I thought it'd be packed out! she said nah but we HAVE to handle the reservations, no one's paying us any more to handle walkins. As she said it, another lady said thats true but a few more gratuities would be welcome.

So I really think it's just low-middle management making stupid decisions. Easier for them to manage a 1/2 full restaurant than a completely full one even though DISNEY would Im sure prefer the latter (As would the guests trying to walk in).

Silly! like the situation for couples at Disney. We go online and try to book a table for 2.. no availability. Try 3 people and LOADS of room because the stupid system wont put a 2 on a table for 4.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    So sorry you had a bad experience. We were there in June and just loved it! My niece and I each had the steak, and my son had the pork. We all loved our food and will definitely be going back.

We had an ADR for 2 and while we waited in line to check in (and ask if we could make it for 3 instead), I heard them allow two walk in couples and I heard them turn away a party of 5. When I checked in and asked about the additional person I was told yes, but it might be a bit of a wait. It wasn't really...not more than 15 minutes...and I've waited longer for an ADR at other places.

"Always take a banana to a party." :banana1:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234