Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Shall We Show Grandma - next pre-trip bit

Post Thanks / Like
    So we went down to Adrian's parents at the weekend to issue the final instructions to Grandma.

It didn't start well - she had it in her head that we were flying from Heathrow. We have approved the suitcase as size appropriate. Luggage labels have been issued pre-written. All documentation has been checked. We had a minor glitch with my mother when we noticed her name was spelt incorrectly on her ticket and it was a bit till Val sorted it. This is mind we went over every letter with Grandma on all her travel documents.

Well that was the easy bit. Suffice to say she's going to be hard work. She's insisting on taking a coat and says she not doing laundry on holiday. Adrian told her she's carrying her own luggage then. Apart from this she's like a clucky mother hen, always fussing over everyone and everything. God knows what's going to happen when she realises there's no lifeguard for the villa pool. Adrian's phrase of the moment is "shut up mother"

Two weeks tomorrow

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn
    She's insisting on taking a coat
    Has she actually seen how hot it will be in Orlando?
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Muwahahaha!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 317236
    Adrian's phrase of the moment is "shut up mother"
    That's been my phrase since I was about 21

Glad you got the name bit sorted. When I first read that I was a bit for you because I know what the airlines can be.

Not long now!

Post Thanks / Like

Almost time now!! I'm telling you that I can not wait to read these trip reports!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MystikPiglit, post: 317237
    Has she actually seen how hot it will be in Orlando?
    Well we've tried to explain but apparently she always takes a coat on holiday. She is also taking perfume for getting dressed up in the evening after the parks. Um..that's when we get out the swimwear. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 317241
    Glad you got the name bit sorted. When I first read that I was a bit for you because I know what the airlines can be.
    Well it was actually only one letter but still a slightly nervous 24 hours till it was sorted.

Post Thanks / Like
    MIL's first trip to the US period is it? Or just first trip to Disney?

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    First trip to the US. She's been to Europe and Egypt and Tunisia so is used to going abroad. Always takes a coat...

Post Thanks / Like
    You did tell her that she'll be fodder for the mosquitos and stinging gnats if she goes outside with perfume on, right?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 317277
    You did tell her that she'll be fodder for the mosquitos and stinging gnats if she goes outside with perfume on, right?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast