Thread: Any advice would be great.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, as many of you know we went this year again with my dad, but this time with his partner who seemed to have the talent of acting like a hormonal teenager.

Anyway we're booked again for October 2015 but this time we booked the villa with friends. I did this only after dad said that they wouldn't be able to afford to go again.

Well since then he's now decided that they do want to go and so the question I have can anyone recommend a reasonably priced hotel/resort that runs a free shuttle bus to Disney? I did consider finding a bigger villa, but on our last holiday my dad wanted to go to different parks to us all the time and also I'm not sure I want to inflict his partner on my friends. If they stayed where there is a free shuttle then they can come and go to any of the parks that they want without us having to drive them there all the time. Dad doesn't have the confidence to drive so it has to be a bus.

Do you think it's better if he stayed in a value Disney resort or are there other hotels/resorts that also offer the shuttle bus but are cheaper? Also would you say if he did stay in a Disney resort it would be better to book direct with WDW or are there any decent agents out there that we should consider?

Thanks all.
    Sam x

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sure Johnie would be more than happy to assist with a Disney resort.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Sam is in Wales John and so she would use a UK agent.

Sam I would definitely not her a bigger villa to accommodate everyone. The idea of a shuttle resort is a brilliant idea. If they aren't worried about cost then a Disney resort would be good and I would have thought they would be happy with POR.

Robert is staying off site this time at somewhere in DTD so he may be able to help you there. I think our Deb did as well so she will have some advice.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Shuttles from off-site places can be a bit busy if they are shared between hotels.
    I would recommend a value on-site for ease of transport.

I've used a USA based travel counsellor like Johnie a few times from the UK as it sometimes works out cheaper :)

Nicki

Post Thanks / Like
    Johnie is wonderful to work with, send her an email jsangell@msn.com or jsangell@gmail.com

I would suggest he stay at a value resort at Disney, its just so much simpler!!!! Closer to everywhere, free and constant transportation which he has already used, free airport shuttle, etc...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Another vote for on site. Makes everything much simpler!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much guys, I really appreciate the advice. I will certainly give Johnie a shout. My gut was saying on site so I'll advise him to do that. Like you say with them being on site it would be easy for them to get back and forth from the parks and it would take an awful lot of pressure of us.

Sam x