Thread: Please let me know what you think.

Post Thanks / Like
    We are looking to go to wdw in oct14.
    We have been spoilt on our last visit as we stayed in akl club level. As I got a discount for being an airline employee. But disney are not offering this anymore.
    I have been looking at the moderate resorts and found Coronado spring resort this has club rooms available. Has anyone any feed back on the resort.

and the other half of my question is, we thought about doing a week in wdw and a week on a wd cruise. So u think we will feel rushed in the first week and will my 6 year old son like the cruise?????
    Please help xxxx

1999- Orlando villa holiday
    2000- Orlando villa holiday and married at lake toho.
    2011 - animal kingdom lodge club, first trip for our son age 3
    2014-planning stages.

Post Thanks / Like
    I may be wrong here (probably am) but I thought it was only the de-luxe hotels that had a club level. This is only my personal opinion but I wasn't all that enamoured with Coronado Springs when we stayed there. I preferred Caribbean Beach. Both are really large resorts but Caribbean seemed a happier place. You will get different views from everyone. Shame you can't get club level at AKL again. By the way October is a lovely time of the year to go.

DLP The Disneyland Hotel
    1998 Wilderness Lodge
    1999 Off site
    2000 Caribbean Beach
    2001 Coronado Springs
    2003 Beach Club
    2005 Beach Club
    2007 Beach Club
    2009 Beach Club
    2012 Beach Club
    2014 Beach Club Concierge

Post Thanks / Like
    OK, so I'm going to be just the opposite here. We loved Coronado Springs, though we didn't stay club level and I was not aware they had one. Caribbean Beach to us was just so so. If you are going to do both a cruise and a week at WDW I would do the cruise first. They have lots of things on the ship to keep your 6 year old occupied.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm the opposite, I would do the cruise last. Just so you can relax before going back to real life.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Coronado Springs is a lovely resort.
    I believe that the club rooms are in the building used for business executive rooms. When not in use they are available to non-convention guests.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry I can`t help on the resort issue but I agree with Johnie in taking the cruise after WDW so that you can unwind after dashing around the parks and WDW in general.

I`m sure that your son will enjoy the cruise. There are loads of things for him to do on board and there is an entire deck of the ship dedicated to children. It may be a good idea to enrol him into the on-board kids club where he will be supervised by crew members and they plan loads of activities for children of a similar age.
    On several of our DCL cruises I have heard numerous stories from parents who said that their children enjoyed the clubs so much that it was a wrench to drag them away to join their parents for dinner!

Post Thanks / Like
    I HAVE NEVER DONE THE CRUISE BUT IMAGINE THAT WOULD BE VERY RELAXING...SO I WOULD DO THE CRUISE AFTER THE PARKS ALSO....I HAVE DONE BOTH CORONADO SPRINGS AND CARIBBEAN BEACH..LOVED BOTH RESORTS BUT HAVENT DONE CARIBBEAN SINCE THE REMODEL..(MY FIRST DISNEY ONSITE RESORT).. BOTH ARE HUGE AND HAVE LOTS OF WALKING AROUND TO DO...I PREFER VALUE SINCE THINGS SEEM A LOT CLOSER (MAIN BLDG, FOOD COURT, ETC) AND I AM A PARK PERSON SO VERY RARELY USE RESORT FACILITIES ANYWAY. I ALSO WAS NOT AWAY CORONADO SPRINGS HAD CLUB AREA. GOOD TO KNOW
    SusanM šoš A REAL MOUSE JUNKIE

Aug 1994 - off site
    Caribbean Beach - 8/95
    All Star Music - 4/19- 12/97 -9/98 - 4/99 - 2/00 - 2/03 4/04 - 7/12
    All Star Sports - 12/96 - 12/97 - 9/00
    Downtown Disney Resort Travelodge - 4/97
    Coronado Springs - 6/98
    All Star Movies - 9/99 - 11/99 - 7/01 - 10/01- 11/02
    Pop Century - 10/01 -- 06/04--05/05 - 8/11
    Port Orleans Riverside - 7/02
    All Star Sports - 10/03-- 11/06