Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: taking pins on planes?

Post Thanks / Like
    Is it ok now? or do they have to be in hold luggage?

Post Thanks / Like
    checked luggage im afraid, along with any type of scissors, sharp pointed objects etc

this from the virgin site

Toy or replica guns (plastic or metal)
    Catapults
    Household cutlery
    Knives with blades (of any length)
    Paper knives
    Razor blades
    Darts
    Scissors
    Sporting bats
    Billiard, snooker, pool cues
    Cigarette lighters including butane, absorbed-fuel (Zippo-type), electric/battery-powered and novelty lighters (for passengers travelling to and from all Caribbean destinations and India)
    Matches (for passengers travelling to and from Caribbean)
    Hypodermic syringes
    Tradesmen's tools
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah cos loads of people have been killed wif Disney pins stabbing them......

Post Thanks / Like
    I take syringes in the cabin with me every trip. Not traveling internationally though. At least not yet. And I would keep them with me then, too though.

Don't forget about the shampoo, and other personal items that are liquid. We'd not want you to clean someone to death either. Anything over 3 ounces (some airports allow 3.4) must be in checked baggage.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Clean someone to death!

Tradesmans tools? OMG! He's coming at me with a paintbrush!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, you know shampoo in the eye can be a deadly weapon. Or a good face full of hairspray can knock a terrorist right out. But if you really want to do damage pouf your powder at them from the container. A cloud of white dust will send them right into a fainting spell!

Not only the paint brushes, but those rollers too!

Yet knitting needles are not forbidden in cabins. Yep. I understand that.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    how would one pack a catapult on their carry on?

Sir? What is that?

Oh its my catapult....

WTF!?!?!?

And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL! I always interpreted that prohibition to mean that sling shots were not allowed? Not positive if that is the real case, but it was the only thing my mind could conjure up that made the least bit of sense.

Seth does have a little catapult with his castle set though. Wonder if that would be disallowed in the cabin?

Post Thanks / Like
    Well my pins, shampoo and catapult are safely packed in my suitcase. Some things are self explanatory but others seem odd.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is that a catapult in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

LMAO

I kill myself!

And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast