Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which Disney cruise ship is best?

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, forgot to mention. You asked about itineraries. Each of the ships has separate itineraries that change from time to time. You can find the exact cruises each ship does on the ship's individual page on the DCL web site. To save time, here's the links:

Tom (... )

Post Thanks / Like
    The good thing about a big ship is that all that exercise makes you hungry for more food! Lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Britchick, post: 318348
    The good thing about a big ship is that all that exercise makes you hungry for more food! Lol
    You have a point.

However, it also makes you too tired to chew.

Tom (... just sit me down and shovel it in...)

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with all that Tom said in his comparison.
    Don`t get me wrong, the Dream is a really fantastic ship and it has a few extra touches that the Magic/Wonder don`t have:~
    1. Animator`s Palette is an inter active dining experience which is amazing.
    2. The Champagne bar is cool in the way that you see champagne bubbles through the viewfinder of a digital camera.
    3. In fact the whole bar area has a more adult feel to it with several themed bars to choose from.
    4. Disney have listened to it`s passengers and raised the beds in the staterooms by a couple of inches which enables you to store your suitcases underneath instead of trying to cram them into the wardrobe. [I`m not sure if this feature has been applied to the Magic/Wonder yet ]
    5. It has an amazing water slide that takes the riders over the ocean for part of it! [Not that I have tested this out though. ]

Maybe it`s because the Magic was the first DCL ship that we have cruised on, but it somehow feels more like home.
    Even though the Magic is over 950ft. long, it feels a darn sight smaller than the Dream by comparison AND it has the famous Sessions Bar where we hang out each night after dinner with our pianist friend Tim Moss.

You can`t go wrong whichever one you try Keith and I would love to hear your apres cruise report.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 318352
    5. It has an amazing water slide that takes the riders over the ocean for part of it! [Not that I have tested this out though. ]
    you know, as the official cruise directors, I think you and Tom have a DUTY to try out the slide for us ?

You can`t go wrong whichever one you try Keith and I would love to hear your apres cruise report.
    I love the idea I really do. going to have to book one
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 318358
    I love the idea I really do. going to have to book one
    Well if you fancy having a tour guide while you are on board, we have booked for the 7 day cruise departing December 28th.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 318364
    Well if you fancy having a tour guide while you are on board, we have booked for the 7 day cruise departing December 28th.
    oh dont tempt me really not a fan of new years in the UK, I could easily be persuaded that it's a good idea to be on a cruise over that period
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    1. Animator`s Palette is an inter active dining experience which is amazing.
    4. Disney have listened to it`s passengers and raised the beds in the staterooms by a couple of inches which enables you to store your suitcases underneath instead of trying to cram them into the wardrobe. [I`m not sure if this feature has been applied to the Magic/Wonder yet ]
    The Magic is getting all these things as part of it's upcoming retrofit in the next few weeks. The only difference is that it won't be getting the actual AquaDuck. Instead it's getting the AquaDunk. It's a body slide that like it's bigger brother on the Dream and Fantasy, goes out over the side of the ship.
    I can tell you though from personal experience that the AquaDuck on the Dream is really cool!

it has the famous Sessions Bar where we hang out each night after dinner with our pianist friend Tim Moss.
    Ahh... Sessions. I love that place. After the refit, it's going to be called "Keys". Hope they keep the ambience.

Absolutely agree with that sentiment.

Tom (... only 3 more weeks to go! )

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 318358
    you know, as the official cruise directors, I think you and Tom have a DUTY to try out the slide for us ?
    See my previous post! :D

Tom (... send me in coach!)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12