You have a point.Originally Posted by Britchick, post: 318348
However, it also makes you too tired to chew.
Tom (... just sit me down and shovel it in...)
I agree with all that Tom said in his comparison.
Don`t get me wrong, the Dream is a really fantastic ship and it has a few extra touches that the Magic/Wonder don`t have:~
1. Animator`s Palette is an inter active dining experience which is amazing.
2. The Champagne bar is cool in the way that you see champagne bubbles through the viewfinder of a digital camera.
3. In fact the whole bar area has a more adult feel to it with several themed bars to choose from.
4. Disney have listened to it`s passengers and raised the beds in the staterooms by a couple of inches which enables you to store your suitcases underneath instead of trying to cram them into the wardrobe. [I`m not sure if this feature has been applied to the Magic/Wonder yet ]
5. It has an amazing water slide that takes the riders over the ocean for part of it! [Not that I have tested this out though. ]
Maybe it`s because the Magic was the first DCL ship that we have cruised on, but it somehow feels more like home.
Even though the Magic is over 950ft. long, it feels a darn sight smaller than the Dream by comparison AND it has the famous Sessions Bar where we hang out each night after dinner with our pianist friend Tim Moss.
You can`t go wrong whichever one you try Keith and I would love to hear your apres cruise report.
you know, as the official cruise directors, I think you and Tom have a DUTY to try out the slide for us ?Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 318352
I love the idea I really do. going to have to book oneYou can`t go wrong whichever one you try Keith and I would love to hear your apres cruise report.
oh dont tempt me really not a fan of new years in the UK, I could easily be persuaded that it's a good idea to be on a cruise over that periodOriginally Posted by Slowhand, post: 318364
The Magic is getting all these things as part of it's upcoming retrofit in the next few weeks. The only difference is that it won't be getting the actual AquaDuck. Instead it's getting the AquaDunk. It's a body slide that like it's bigger brother on the Dream and Fantasy, goes out over the side of the ship.Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 318352
I can tell you though from personal experience that the AquaDuck on the Dream is really cool!
Ahh... Sessions. I love that place. After the refit, it's going to be called "Keys". Hope they keep the ambience.Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 318352
Absolutely agree with that sentiment.Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 318352
Tom (... only 3 more weeks to go! )
See my previous post!Originally Posted by Keith, post: 318358
Tom (... send me in coach!)