Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's start the trip report then.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well it's 4 hours till we leave but for some reason my countdown timer says I'm in the pool so I'll start writing.

So far this has happened:

Our car hire voucher didn't arrive. I told Val who got straight on to it. If anyone saw her Facebook status about her shouting so loud that she scared her children, that was her shouting at the supplier to get it sorted. It got sorted and I have checked in with Alamo already so I just need to stroll to the garage and pick a car. A nice shiny one.

The house is cleaner than it's ever been. Even cleaner than 5pm on Christmas Eve.

The dogs, guinea pigs and the hamsterthatlives have gone off to their holiday homes. It's very quiet here except for the occasional giggle from Steven who is watching Minecraft videos.

I've checked in online. And our pre-requested seating has been changed. Don't tell Grandma but they've stuck her on her own 3 rows away on the other side of the plane. We'll be at the airport early tomorrow though so hopefully we can get that sorted out.

Talking of Grandma I have no idea where she is right now. Somewhere between here and Devon but where along that line is anyone's guess.

This is the best bit. Adrian wanted to know what scissors were in the side pocket of the case so that he could practise cutting a cable tie to make sure they were sharp enough.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oooh this just in. Grandma is near Portsmouth. About another 90 minutes to go in good traffic then. The traffic is heavy though. And Grandad is listening to his sat nav instead of just driving so they could be forever.

Post Thanks / Like
    an excellent start! will we have to wait till you get back for more or will you be posting from over there???
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Will try and post from over there. There is a computer in the villa so should be able to.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 318345
    Will try and post from over there. There is a computer in the villa so should be able to.
    woohooo ! it's always nice to imagine folks over there
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Have a great trip. Sure wish we were going to be there too.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Yay!! A good start, indeed!! I can't wait for the report - really!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 318338
    This is the best bit. Adrian wanted to know what scissors were in the side pocket of the case so that he could practise cutting a cable tie to make sure they were sharp enough.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    I was seriously worried about going on holiday with my mother in law.

I've just realised I've been married to her for 10 years. Adrian is his mother.

Post Thanks / Like
    Have collected Nanny Lesley and apparently Grandma is now just a few minutes away.

We'll have a last coffee and then go through the "tickets, money, passport" check eleventy billion times then do the ritual unplugging of everything.

Next stop Premier Inn Gatwick.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast